Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Breazeale blew up his only motor at Cherokee last weekend and D!ckens couldn’t get him one ready by this weekend. Don’t know how that’ll effect the rest of his season as far as running WoO

Breazeale was never running the woo this year. And as far as the big announcements they don't get all the product handouts over the winter without declaring officially their gonna run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Breazeale was never running the woo this year. And as far as the big announcements they don't get all the product handouts over the winter without declaring officially their gonna run.
    Braezele said in florida he was gonna try but like the above poster said he blew up his only motor

JKing, the plan was to run WoO as much as possible but the blown motor has done kinked up the plans for now

Tyler Bruening si running WoO now. Eshelman said it so take it with a grain of salt.

So Clanton, Bruening and Strickler all switched from Lucas to WoO now?

Quote Originally Posted by Onlydirtlate22 View Post
    So Clanton, Bruening and Strickler all switched from Lucas to WoO now?
    Clanton was most likely going back to WoO before the season started and before he was in the hospital
    2021 race count
    6 events

Whoever is responsible for the press releases, it's pretentious, annoying, and unprofessional. Nothing I've read here has changed my mind.

The thing is with being on a Tour if your in the top 12 in points you get soo much tow money and such. Plus the money at the end of the year. But I think if you really want to see a big thing happen maybe have a big sponsor decide to run a true Tour. Say have the following races in it. Dirt Late Model Dream, Firecracker 100, North South 100, World 100, Knoxville, and Dirt Track World Championship and Settle it at the Charlotte races in November. 7 races and all pay a decent purse and pay the top 20 in points and payout can be 60,000 to win and break it down to where 20th pays 2,000. Plus WOO and Lucas can co sanction the races if they want and give points out as well. It would be neat to see who is the best of the best.

Wasn't that the idea with the "Big Johnson" deal they had way back when? I forget, but if I recall it was only certain crown jewel events.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    The thing is with being on a Tour if your in the top 12 in points you get soo much tow money and such. Plus the money at the end of the year. But I think if you really want to see a big thing happen maybe have a big sponsor decide to run a true Tour. Say have the following races in it. Dirt Late Model Dream, Firecracker 100, North South 100, World 100, Knoxville, and Dirt Track World Championship and Settle it at the Charlotte races in November. 7 races and all pay a decent purse and pay the top 20 in points and payout can be 60,000 to win and break it down to where 20th pays 2,000. Plus WOO and Lucas can co sanction the races if they want and give points out as well. It would be neat to see who is the best of the best.
    I think WOO changed that a couple years ago and pay tow money to everyone that has perfect attendance on the tour.

I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.

So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started.

But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started. But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.
    He didn't go to Cherokee either

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Wasn't that the idea with the "Big Johnson" deal they had way back when? I forget, but if I recall it was only certain crown jewel events.
    It was something similar to that. It's sad how much the shootout and blue/gray have fallen off since then.

Albertson races out of Dubuque Iowa. About 240 miles from Farmer City, Illinois.

Junghans is dropping off too

Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.
    This this this 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Junghans is dropping off too
    That's interesting, he's been a regular for quite some time. That MLRA deal would be good for him IMO.

Chase generally is fast at FC. He had to be pretty disappointed to turn down the provisional and load up.