Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WoO tour thinning out again

As with with every year we get so many guys saying they will run the national tours for the first time and they dont make it to May. Looks like Jackson, Brezeale, Bailes, and Scott are no shows at Farmer City.

Only one I would assume that would stay on the entire season would be Bailes. Currently it's on their website and don't see anywhere saying they weren't coming.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Bailes at Friendship for Carolina Clash tonight.

No reason to drive all the way to Illinois with the current gas prices if you can race near home in the Carolinas.

Fly boy. Your actually Reuben in disguise ? Right

If these guys are gonna drop off the tour before Easter I wish they'd stop releasing press statements telling us they are gonna run the whole thing. It's pretentious and annoying.

Bailes is the only surprising one to me. But he’s still probably better off running regionally down south.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    If these guys are gonna drop off the tour before Easter I wish they'd stop releasing press statements telling us they are gonna run the whole thing. It's pretentious and annoying.
    Drive all the way to Illinois for a couple nights ? No other races in the series in that area. Bristol dirt next week? It’s financially stupid to make that trip for most of the teams that do not live within a few hours of the place. It’s not like water in gas tanks will get you there. You need big time gas money.

You would think for teams that have $200k+ rigs diesel prices really wouldn't be one of their primary concerns. That's the equivalent of people with $100k+ campers complaining about tracks charging for camping.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    You would think for teams that have $200k+ rigs diesel prices really wouldn't be one of their primary concerns. That's the equivalent of people with $100k+ campers complaining about tracks charging for camping.
    They don't own those rigs. The bank does. They carry 20 year notes. 6mpg adds up quickly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

How expensive is diesel. $2.77 here. Didn't stop guys like Madden, Spencer, Eckert, Allen Murray, Dillard, Albertson, Bronson and a couple others coming from long distance. Atleast 4-5 of them aren't even running for WoO points.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 04-03-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I just think they didn’t want an Illinois a$$ whipping lol. This state isn’t good for much but late model racing is a highlight.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Eighth-starting Tony Jackson Jr. racing close to home crossed the finish line in second last night at Poplar Bluff Missouri in the Comp Cams tour.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    How expensive is diesel. $2.77 here. Didn't stop guys like Madden, Spencer, Eckert, Allen Murray, Dillard, Albertson, Bronson and a couple others coming from long distance. Atleast 4-5 of them aren't even running for WoO points.
    It’s well over $3 a gallon in most of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Exactly. I’m so sick of seeing drivers complain about fuel prices on social media. Maybe they are in the wrong line of work. Get a desk job. I’m looking at you BMJ.

Diesel's knocking on $4 on the left coast and premium gas, and some regular, is over $4. We use an 8.1 big block Chevy that gets around 7 or 8 mpg on an easy ride and choke on our fuel bills when we venture more than a couple of hours up or down the road.

It would also be better if they had multiple races in the approximate area over a few days or a week. Obviously.

In Canada, diesel is $1.20 a litre which converts to about $4.60 a gallon, the vast majority of which is taxes.

Not surprised at Jackson, kinda expected it. As far as the press releases in advance of the season I’d say WOO is primarily responsible for the fluff.
    I hate time trials.

The national touring life seems sexy to lots of racers until they actually do it. It really isn’t for the feint of heart.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!