Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started. But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.
    Heard at FC from someone who knows him personally he had a sponsorship fall through.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    That's interesting, he's been a regular for quite some time. That MLRA deal would be good for him IMO.
    He going to wheatland this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.
    Totally agree, and I feel you'll see more and more do it.

Bailes isn't driving for big frog anymore. He wanted to switch to Longhorns and big frog wasn't interested

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Bailes isn't driving for big frog anymore. He wanted to switch to Longhorns and big frog wasn't interested
    U may see him back in Hicks #79 car. They were a good fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Drivers wanting to spend more team owners money by having them switch chassis manufacturers, I see the same thing happening with Strickler and his car owner too by splitting up. Car owners only have so much money too.

Bailes wanted to switch chassis, yes, but wanting to stay closer to home with a fairly new baby was probably the decision-maker. He'll do some good things in the Hicks car, starting at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.
    Overton is smart for doing it the way he does. Similar but not exactly the same as the way guys like Babb and Moyer do it. They are capable of running a national tour but makes more financial and personal sense not to for them.

It’s a hell of a lot cheaper to replace the driver than it is to replace cars and spares. I don’t think people realize that sometimes.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm interested in seeing who gets the Big Frog ride.

For some reason nobody stays in that ride very long- any ideas as to why?

Chase Junghans has dropped off the WoO tour now also. Going to a pick n choose schedule the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by gb81racing View Post
    Chase Junghans has dropped off the WoO tour now also. Going to a pick n choose schedule the rest of the year.
    I really thought he was going to do that a few years ago. Kind of surprised by the timing.

I kinda assumed after passing on the provisional that was the end.
    2021 race count
    6 events

So how many are left on the tour ??
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    So how many are left on the tour ??
    11-12 I believe.
    2021 race count
    6 events

WoO:1. Kyle Strickler2. Brandon Sheppard3. Tyler Bruening4. Dennis Erb Jr5. Ricky Weiss6. Chris Madden7. Cade Dillard8. Darrell Lanigan9. Scott Bloomquist10. Boom Briggs11. Ryan Gustin12. Shane Clanton13. Brent Larson14. Blake SpencerLucas:1. Hudson O’Neal2. Devin Moran3. Tim McCreadie4. Kyle Bronson5. Josh Richards6. Mike Marlar7. Ricky Thornton Jr8. Tyler Erb9. Jimmy Owens10. Jonathan Davenport11. Earl Pearson Jr12. Tanner English13. Billy Moyer Jr

^bmj broke his foot the other day and said he will probably be out for 4-6 weeks