Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Grooming a track

I’m just watching the re run on this Bristol cup dirt race. This is how you groom a racetrack. Dirt tracks should have a proper cushion and this one did. It had multiple grooves as well. Well done by the crew who did this 👍👍👍

do you know what a cushion is?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

You don't make over 3,000 posts in a year if you know what things are.

Well the track was terrible they were trying to water it between stages just to keep the dust down that said your not going to have a track running 40 cars 250 laps.

Terrible grooming job. The best-groomed track was the wet one the trucks only made a lap and a half on. With real dirt cars, there would have been some awesome racing.

Default Lmao

Track was crap. There was no cushion. They were backed into a corner though. Get NASCAR for these dirt races to get rid of the dam windshields and yes I’m going to say it, I think the racing would be bad a$$. That truck race woulda been great. But with windshields they can’t race on a good dirt track, it’s truly a death sentence, accident waiting to happen.

I watched the fiasco from Saturday, holy cow was that bad. Get rid of the windshields and they would be great.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Hey fly....the blue ridge guys are racing at lakeview tonight, I went to the lakeview page and they have some footage of them working the track....check it.

Under normal circumstances I would make the drive over and watch, but I'm gonna catch it from the recliner on speed 51.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Asphalt cars should race on Asphalt and dirt cars should race on dirt. I don't understand why anybody would think it is a good idea to run Nascars on dirt. If you ran Dirt late models on an Asphalt track wouldn't this be the same situation. Dosen't make sense.

They need to just go to eldora and race it .....and take the windshields out.

Or put dirt on bowman gray and make them race pure stocks.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That's what i'm saying. Nascar can run dirt races that's fine. But why are u running Asphalt cars on dirt? The nascar drivers should be in dirt cars, Late models, pure stocks, or Fwd hornets. lol........would be better. Run a sanctioned nascar race in pure stocks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    do you know what a cushion is?
    😁 Apparently not....... lol

I agree that it was good racing tho...

They did an ok job on prep considering how much water was on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Asphalt cars should race on Asphalt and dirt cars should race on dirt. I don't understand why anybody would think it is a good idea to run Nascars on dirt. If you ran Dirt late models on an Asphalt track wouldn't this be the same situation. Dosen't make sense.
    I dunno. Street stocks weighing 3,000 lbs put on a pretty good show last week. Most were stock gm metrics chassis's!

Cup cars have a 60's based Ford frontend and 70's Chevy rear truck arm susp.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    They need to just go to eldora and race it .....and take the windshields out.Or put dirt on bowman gray and make them race pure stocks.
    Eldora = paved track grooming with no cushion when trucks ran there. Just bang right rear off wall for traction. Not a fan. 250 laps on dirt. It’s gonna be a dry mess. Hard to stop that without 1.5 hour track grooming sessions every 75 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Hey fly....the blue ridge guys are racing at lakeview tonight, I went to the lakeview page and they have some footage of them working the track....check it.Under normal circumstances I would make the drive over and watch, but I'm gonna catch it from the recliner on speed 51.
    Blue Ridge late Models folks are squared away. Good series 👍. Hopefully I will see them at Lancaster in a few weeks.

We all seriously have to stop feeding this troll.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Which one? 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Learn how to groom a track then. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    They would be fine on dirt, they have ran dirt late models on asphalt, numerous times. I believe BB mods as well. Just can’t have a dam windshield.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Big block mods on asphalt were pretty cool. Quickly turned into asphalt specific (dirt) cars though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!