Default Late Models in Australia

Maybe making a trip down under later this year for work and thought about maybe looking into going to a race while there if that’s even possible depending on their Covid stuff. Either way, this got me to thinking. Does Australia have their own chassis builders or do they have to order and ship out from the states? Would add quite the price tag if so.

They do have chassis builders over there. East coast is more super sedans and west coast is more American type late models. They do import cars though. What area are you going too?

Also not sure how much racing has been going on over there least in the east coast side (Melbourne / Sydney area's - super sedans) due to covid shutting down most of it for the year. I help a guy in that area and he's been parked all year, last time i talked to him he said there was 2 national races left but doubt they would happen do it increase in covid stuff. I know Victoria and Queensland (states) where shut down and you couldn't cross state lines and worse for a really long time late last year and this year.

I’ll be in New South Wales if it does happen. Should know for sure in the next couple of months. Trip would be in late September/early October. Not even sure if they run that time of year as I haven’t dug too much into it as I don’t want to get my hopes up. Based off this

https://automobile.fandom.com/wiki/L...s_in_Australia

There are a couple of tracks that list late models and sprints which I’d be happy with as well.

May have better luck finding some 410 sprint shows.
    I believe they also have some modifieds over there similar to the ones that run in the northeast US/Ontario & Quebec as well

IIRC, that's sort of their winter off time but may be wrong. Don't think they start up until very late in the year like November or December. You can check out Ash media on YouTube and see some races for tracks in that area and see which ones you may want to try visiting.

That area is likely gonna be more super sedan then late models but the do run american style LM on the east coast just not a lot. A super sedan is basically the same as a LM just body a little more like a stock vehicle and use a 360 max engine but everything else underneath is real similar beside being right hand drive car. You can look up names like, Darren Kane, Matt pascoe, Shawn Black, Matt Williams, for some of the top sedan drivers (sweet chassis/Dominator chassis/Rocket chassis)

I also think that time of year is their winter down time? I know Craig Vosbergan will not being coming to the United States again this year because of Covid travel restrictions. Tom Buckingham is building a new rocket race car to ship to Craig in Australia.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I'll try to attend any type of race while there if ones running even without sprints or supers. Maybe a one-time shot chance that would still be quite the experience to scratch off my list.

Sprint boats are a hoot, them people are crazy! Roll cage on a boat, and they use them frequently.

I have watched those guys on TV before. Crazy.
    they also have an American version on MAV-TV from the pacific Northwest.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Aussies and Kiwis know motorsports in ALL forms, they are good at it, just go see something local. They do some crazy, entertaining stuff, like team bump-to-pass.

Our season starts usually late Sept-early Oct in most states. In NSW the main track Paramatta closed this year and government is building an new track nearby at the Eastern Creek Motorsport Complex and it is meant to be up and going by Oct this year. Late Models are big in Western Australia and NSW, but also gaining popularity in all other states. The Super Sedans have good numbers in Queensland and to a lesser extent Tasmania, but all other states are struggling to keep numbers.
    95% of the late models are imported from the US, with only a handful of cars built in AUstralia in past 5-10 years.
    Once it is packed it only takes 3-4 weeks on the water to land a car into Australia at around $4500 AUd or $3300 USD cost.