Thread: Baylor

Default Baylor

WOW!!! They took Gonzaga to school last night. Didn't hear how many turnovers, but it had to be in double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    WOW!!! They took Gonzaga to school last night. Didn't hear how many turnovers, but it had to be in double digits.
    Didn't know who to pull for in this one. One is a high priced Christian school (Baylor) and the other is an even higher priced Jesuit school. Both are well over $60,000.00 a year and Gonzaga is over $70 grand. I was pulling for UCLA in the final 4 so after they got bounced on a fluke half court shot I really had little interest and the national final was a yawner.

Screw both teams. Bring back bob knight with any college team and he will once again go to the final 4 next year. 😜👍

I was just happy to see new teams/faces at the dance. Tired of the same old powerhouse teams (North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky......) always being there at the end. Was pulling for UCLA as well but still happy to see a team win it that hasn't in 71 years. I think the one-and-done rule has a lot to do with that. You're seeing more "Teams" have success vs the ones just there for a year and move on. Now if only we could get college football to the same parity.

Franklin Grahams FB!

Congratulations, Baylor Basketball! The Bears men’s basketball team won their first-ever national championship last night against the Gonzaga Bulldogs. They played this season with the motto of JOY – which stands for an order of priority in your life: “Jesus, Others, Yourself.” Guard Jared Butler was named the Most Outstanding Player of this year’s Final Four, and after the game he said, “Jesus Christ…He’s the truth, and He was with us tonight, He’s with us all season, He’s with us wherever we go, and He just sustained us, He brought us together, He brought the team together.” It’s great to see this team of young men give the glory to God after their big win. Leave a comment below congratulating them on this historic victory.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I was just happy to see new teams/faces at the dance. Tired of the same old powerhouse teams (North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky......) always being there at the end. Was pulling for UCLA as well but still happy to see a team win it that hasn't in 71 years. I think the one-and-done rule has a lot to do with that. You're seeing more "Teams" have success vs the ones just there for a year and move on. Now if only we could get college football to the same parity.
    I think a lot of people felt the same as you, weatherman, in regards to none of the "blue blood" programs being in the mix. Watching Kansas get beat like a rented mule by USC was quite entertaining. It's interesting how Kansas gives their head basketball coach a lifetime contract extension while he's in the midst of a NCAA investigation for a batch of level 1 institutional control recruiting violations. Programs like Carolina, Duke Kansas, Kentucky seem to be immune to any and all NCAA scrutiny. I'll bet a dollar to a donut Self doesn't get any sanctions and Kansas gets off scot free. North Carolina had a whole block of classes that many of their athletes in the basketball and football programs took that weren't accredited and they never attended and they got off with zero sanctions. The NCAA is so obviously arbitrary and they make no effort to even cover it up.

It was good to see different winners at the top this season., I was rooting for Gonzaga because I bet on them earlier in the year to win it, but they looked gassed after that UCLA game. Not taking anything away from Baylor because they played some of the best swarming defense I've seen all year, not to mention they got hot from 3.

CIRF, unfortunately college sports is a den of thieves in a lot of cases. NCAA is a joke.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    cirf, unfortunately college sports is a den of thieves in a lot of cases. Ncaa is a joke.
    just like dc and our government !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    CIRF, unfortunately college sports is a den of thieves in a lot of cases. NCAA is a joke.
    You're spot on correct on both counts, kaz. I've nearly completely turned my back on professional stick & ball sports due to the obscene money being thrown around to and from the owners and the players. The exception is my favorite MLB baseball team which I watch periodically because I played the game back in high school and college and love watching the really talented players hit, field and pitch in a way that I was never able to.

College sports is a whole other animal but no less corrupt than professional sports. It's also different in that if you graduated from a particular university you have an emotional and loyal bond. I have a hard time ignoring that emotional loyalty but all that doesn't make the whole mess any less of a slimy sh!t show.

True enough on the college slime.....what was I thinking?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????