Default Mike Marlar explains the challenges of racing in NASCAR

http://insidecircletrack.com/2021/04...ing-in-nascar/

The two-time Knoxville Nationals winner and former WoO Late Models champion talks about his experience on dirt at Bristol in the NASCAR races

How can you say he finished ahead of some of the drivers you listed. They were either in wrecks or had something break on the car. Yea it is about a sheet of paper and he's listed ahead of them and that's about it. He was way out of his league. If anyone thought that outcome was going to be any different than what it was, your sadly mistaken and you get the Ole bloomie 1 dipsh*t award.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    How can you say he finished ahead of some of the drivers you listed. They were either in wrecks or had something break on the car. Yea it is about a sheet of paper and he's listed ahead of them and that's about it. He was way out of his league. If anyone thought that outcome was going to be any different than what it was, your sadly mistaken and you get the Ole bloomie 1 dipsh*t award.
    Finishing the race is part of racing. Taking care of equipment and not crashing is a very Big part of racing.

You need to go back and watch his first truck race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You need to go back and watch his first truck race.
    All one needs to know about that race is all the really good dirt drivers (with Chase Briscoe being the lone exception) had already won in a truck at Eldora and didn't bother to participate. The other driver with extensive dirt experience won and finished 3 spots ahead of Marlar who was never really in contention to win It's a little easier when the really good dirt guys have better things to do. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    All one needs to know about that race is all the really good dirt drivers (with Chase Briscoe being the lone exception) had already won in a truck at Eldora and didn't bother to participate. The other driver with extensive dirt experience won and finished 3 spots ahead of Marlar who was never really in contention to win It's a little easier when the really good dirt guys have better things to do. SMH
    So, he raced 20 dirt experts at Bristol?

He doesn't have the chops to run with Hailie Deegan on dirt?

He should be expected to run 30th?

Did he not beat Brisco at Eldora?

SMH. You have to be joking...
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-08-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Anyone bashing or looking down on Marlar over the NASCAR weekend at Bristol is outside of their mind. Would people have the same opinion if that had been Bloomquist, Moyer, Sheppard or Owens?

He is a good slm driver, the thing that gets me I guess is the people that actually think he can do something positive. That's just never going to happen. He's in under funded equipment, probably doing it for nothing more than to say I did it. In my eyes it tarnished what he has done on dirt. Ole bloomie tried and he will never go back.

He is a good slm driver, the thing that gets me I guess is the people that actually think he can do something positive. That's just never going to happen. He's in under funded equipment, probably doing it for nothing more than to say I did it. In my eyes it tarnished what he has done on dirt. Ole bloomie tried and he will never go back.
    Please elaborate on thinking he can do something positive and tarnishing what he has done on dirt...

It doesn't tarnish a thing he's done on dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Anyone bashing or looking down on Marlar over the NASCAR weekend at Bristol is outside of their mind. Would people have the same opinion if that had been Bloomquist, Moyer, Sheppard or Owens?
    A certain someone has a bug up their az with Marlar.

Pierce did fine in a junk truck. Marlar did before. We are talking about a machine that's horribly inadequate for the racing surface. We are talking about a machine where there isn't much data on how to make it work well. A lot of the issue of underfunding goes out the window.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I like marlar in a late model.

I like marlar in a late model.
    WTF does that mean? You don't like him in the F 250 going down the highway? Probably don't like him in the bass boat out fishin either. What the heck is not to like about Marlar?

Problem with bloomer was he was in a Kyle Busch truck. Him taking that sway bar off and running 2 laps down in his prime really sucked for DLM’s IMO. I had nascar friends and I was telling them bloomquist is the king of Eldora and then he stunk it up. Still sucks 8 years later
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Marlar would of ran a lot better if he could of got the starting position he would of got if rain didn’t wipe out heats. Bristol drove much more like asphalt or concrete than Eldora did.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Stay in the slm mikie. You'll probably get a couple big wins in here and there. Leave the under funded nascrap rides to the wannabes. A guy with his talent on dirt will do well.

Stay in the slm mikie. You'll probably get a couple big wins in here and there. Leave the under funded nascrap rides to the wannabes. A guy with his talent on dirt will do well.
    Hasn't he already done well? Just curious.....

On dirt in a slm he has