Thread: dynamic toe

Default dynamic toe

how much toe should we be running dynamically?

1” +/- .001

Lmao

Depending on lf influence on chassis at dynamic measurement, toe can be anywhere.
    I'd be looking at the point where lf would has the most influence on handling.
    Then tune to make most use of that influence.

Truth of the matter, is toe is low amongst priorities for handling with modern chassis setups.
    If you truly think it all thru, you will find this to be true.
    Last edited by 95shaw; 04-09-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Define dynamic?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 95shaw View Post
    LmaoDepending on lf influence on chassis at dynamic measurement, toe can be anywhere.I'd be looking at the point where lf would has the most influence on handling.Then tune to make most use of that influence. Truth of the matter, is toe is low amongst priorities for handling with modern chassis setups.If you truly think it all thru, you will find this to be true.
    I don't agree with that toe Is still very important for several reasons. If you don't think so take the toe out out of your car and tell me how we'll it drives. Then bolt some hard tires on and tighten your seat belts

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I don't agree with that toe Is still very important for several reasons. If you don't think so take the toe out out of your car and tell me how we'll it drives. Then bolt some hard tires on and tighten your seat belts
    Remember Bloomer a couple years ago winning with a broken lf? It didn't matter at all that race.

I think what he is saying is that it matters little at some parts of the lap, and more at others. We see all of these pics of guys with the lf 18" off the track on corner exit. It doesn't matter at that point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think toe is huge.
    Think about it in terms of scrub and drag. When the cars are running very close lap times, this is huge.
    Coming off the corner, with all four tires on the track, think about the scrub of a really large amount of toe.
    Think of a tight car going into a corner, where you want more toe to get more left turning traction.
    Start thinking more about dynamic toe, Ackerman and bump, and less about static toe.
    As they keep narrowing the rules closer to IROC cars, small things you can do to make your car faster will be an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Remember Bloomer a couple years ago winning with a broken lf? It didn't matter at all that race.I think what he is saying is that it matters little at some parts of the lap, and more at others. We see all of these pics of guys with the lf 18" off the track on corner exit. It doesn't matter at that point.
    While I agree with your statement. One could argue that when bloomer won that consi at wheatland that he was still getting the effects of toe out from the lf due to the fact that the lf tire was still their and creating drag that the tire still steering had to have more "scrub" in it to overcome

While I agree with your statement. One could argue that when bloomer won that consi at wheatland that he was still getting the effects of toe out from the lf due to the fact that the lf tire was still their and creating drag that the tire still steering had to have more "scrub" in it to overcome
    He was getting toe out effect, when it was carrying weight. I agree with that. My point was you sure aren't going to put that much in the car on purpose, yet it drove fairly well. If it were toed in, he'd have been toast.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He was getting toe out effect, when it was carrying weight. I agree with that. My point was you sure aren't going to put that much in the car on purpose, yet it drove fairly well. If it were toed in, he'd have been toast.
    I agree and you hit on my point. If it were in he would've been toast so it must matter

I agree and you hit on my point. If it were in he would've been toast so it must matter
    Yeah. Xr1 cars have been using the lf as a "corner anchor" since they got speed in them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You guys noticing more and more cars with a bum-pstop on the LF? shimmed up fairly tight too.

Just say no...

I asked my question, thinking about corner entry on the gas, thinking if we toed our LF out a little it would help steer in on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by brett4 View Post
    I asked my question, thinking about corner entry on the gas, thinking if we toed our LF out a little it would help steer in on the gas.
    On or off gas, it pulls the car down into the corner. The more weight the lf gains compared to prior to turning, the more it will turn the car. The more toe it has, the more it turns the car.

So when you are tricycle driving up the straight with the lf 3" off the ground, the second you drop it back on the track, the car is steering itself into the corner.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-16-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Would 2" of toe out, at static, be out in left field?

Anyone????

How much toe would that be at the point of use?

Only on track experience can give that information for a particular application.

Rocket b/g

Depending on bumpsteer, that might work ok on smaller tracks or where the lf doesn't touch on the straight. Those cars have almost no ackerman.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1