Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tony Stewart SRX

Superstar Racing Experience, Tony Stewart's vision of what auto racing could be if not for the burdens of manufacturers, sponsors, and fans, makes no sense. That is the best thing it has going.

Stewart and his co-founder, former NASCAR owner and crew chief Ray Evernham, envision SRX as halfway between the International Race Of Champions series of eras past, a spectacle that pitted drivers of various disciplines against each other in spec stock cars, and something entirely different. It would be a vision of how much better racing could be when all of the politics and the job aspects that go into being a racing driver were taken away, leaving nothing but very powerful, very simple cars competing on various paved short ovals and dirt tracks.
    This could charge Dirt Late Model racing. To the good. make it more affordable for more people to do?

DLM racing is too far gone for any real changes to happen anytime soon. First of all, the shot callers in the sport will never try to make any meaningful changes because they're too worried about pissing off drivers, or certain manufacturers. Plus, even if you could convince 1 series to start migrating back towards something reasonable regarding rules, you would probably never get any of the other series to cooperate. Remember when Ray Cook started the droop rule? There was a lot of push back on that and a ton of people whining. It would have been super easy for LOLMDS and WoW to follow suit immediately, but if I remember correctly, it took quite a while for other series to get on board. And on top of all that, Crate cars are more affordable, that's why the 602 and 602 classes have been growing so fast. Limited and Super Late Models have become unsustainable at a local level. I'm pretty sure we'll never see Supers back at the local level like they were when I first started racing them back in the early 2000's.

Personally I think the biggest budget buster in slm racing is the motors. The cost of these handgrenades has gone thru the roof. Is crates racing the answer, O h*ll no. The only ones making money there is the folks that are the sanction bodies rush and ???.

WoO and Lucas could put a stop to it. But as it stands few if any tracks pay enough for a guy to run a slm weekly. Pa. Is trying, port royal and williams grove have upped the purses and it has already shown guys are going to support both tracks.

I would love to see GM parts come out with a 700 HP LS platform motor for dirt racing. They already have the dry sump for I believe it's the LS7 in the corvette and camaro. I bet you could buy 5 motors compared to 1 from the hot builder out there this year.

As I like to call it the Ray Evernham series since he’s the one that came up with the idea for this series.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

All I know is that I'm gonna get to watch 1 of the all time greats, Mikey Waltrip race again.

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    DLM racing is too far gone for any real changes to happen anytime soon. First of all, the shot callers in the sport will never try to make any meaningful changes because they're too worried about pissing off drivers, or certain manufacturers. Plus, even if you could convince 1 series to start migrating back towards something reasonable regarding rules, you would probably never get any of the other series to cooperate. Remember when Ray Cook started the droop rule? There was a lot of push back on that and a ton of people whining. It would have been super easy for LOLMDS and WoW to follow suit immediately, but if I remember correctly, it took quite a while for other series to get on board. And on top of all that, Crate cars are more affordable, that's why the 602 and 602 classes have been growing so fast. Limited and Super Late Models have become unsustainable at a local level. I'm pretty sure we'll never see Supers back at the local level like they were when I first started racing them back in the early 2000's.
    Bob Memmer and the track promoters that listened to and trusted him in the early 80's seems like something needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    All I know is that I'm gonna get to watch 1 of the all time greats, Mikey Waltrip race again.
    I darn near choked on my bourbon, stop it.

A solid contender for funniest post of 2021, tongue-in-cheek wit at it's absolute best. Let's just hope Mikey can find the race trike so we can all enjoy his immense talent.

No, seriously I'm like 99% sure I seen him getting fitted in 1 of them cars.

No, seriously I'm like 99% sure I seen him getting fitted in 1 of them cars.
    Must be why he shaved that mop off, so he can get a helmet to fit!

Well we all know where he will finish

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Well we all know where he will finish
    How many Daytona 500s have you won? We'll wait.🤔

I have zero excitement about this venture, ZERO.

The IROC series was cool back in the day. This doesn’t have the same cool factor, mostly because the driver quality isn’t near the same.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Why is CBS throwing prime time network television time at this? I'm pretty sure if they want back into motorsports they can find a better way than this...

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Why is CBS throwing prime time network television time at this? I'm pretty sure if they want back into motorsports they can find a better way than this...
    I don’t know. F1, Indy car, IMSA, NHRA, and TransAm already have deals in other places.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Willie T. Ribbs😎👍

Thumbs up

Driver for this deal include:
    Tony Stewart - Indycar, Nascar
    Tony Kanaan - Indycar, IMSA Sports Cars
    Willy T. Ribbs - Trans-AM, IMSA Sport Cars, Indycar
    Paul Tracy - Indycar, IMSA Sports Car
    Helio Castroneves - Indycar, IMSA Sport Car
    Bobby Labonte - NASCAR
    Bill Elliott - NASCAR
    Ernie France Jr. - Trans-Am
    Michael Waltrip - NASCAR
    Marco Andretti (Son of Michael) - Indycar

Nine-time Formula One race winner and 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship champion Mark Webber was initially announced as a full-time driver,[12] but travel restrictions and schedule changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic forced him to abort the plans

Website - https://www.srxracing.com/

SATURDAY NIGHTS. UNDER THE LIGHTS
    Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) - June 12th 2021
    Knoxville Raceway (IA) - June 19th 2021
    Eldora Speedway (OH) - June 26th 2021
    Lucas Oil Raceway (IN) - July 3rd 2021
    Slinger Speedway (WI) - July 10th 2021
    Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway (TN) - July 17th 221
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 04-19-2021 at 08:15 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

SRX. It will probably be like knockin boots with your girl and then losing you lunch after about 20 seconds into it.

Remember how much Tony used to b1tch about Goodyears? Found it funny they slapped those yellow turds on the grey turds. I don't get what Ray was going for with the car design at all.