Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strickler

I heard Mallory is gone.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I heard Mallory is gone.
    Well ain't that a shocker 🙄

This story is far from over, I say stay tuned. You had 1 alfa male that wI'll not take direction from anybody.

No reason to park the mod. The frequent wins in the mod keeps Strickler on front page. The mod is a good showcase of his racing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    No reason to park the mod. The frequent wins in the mod keeps Strickler on front page. The mod is a good showcase of his racing talent.
    Plenty of guys out their winning races in a mod that can't line up against lucas or woo. The mod wins mean nothing. All it shows is that he is not committed fully to the latemodel operation witch was demonstrated by showing up to a points show with a backup car that was not prepared
    Last edited by Jking24; 04-12-2021 at 07:58 AM.

This guy gets it^

Kyle is one hell of a driver and he’ll be fine. He’s had some really bad luck lately. He’s ran well and he’s also ran poorly. It’s been a weird season so far, keep in mind Sheppard still doesn’t even have a WoO win yet this year. Personally I think the choice to run the WoO tour was the wrong one, even if he was first in points leaving Florida. I feel like he would’ve been better suited to run Lucas which he raced several times with last season with. Vinny leaving is tough I’m sure and Cody is not the answer but I still think he’s going to have some success this season.

Brandon Sheppard won a WoO race at Cherokee a few weeks ago. The last 5 WoO features were won by non WoO regulars
    2021 race count
    6 events

Strickler keeps his edge by racing his modified and winning. There are quite a number of late model racers who run national tours and don't race quite well enough to win. If they raced a Mod and won with it , they would most likely be more competitive with their late models. I think Strickler has the right plan to be successful in a Late Model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Strickler keeps his edge by racing his modified and winning. There are quite a number of late model racers who run national tours and don't race quite well enough to win. If they raced a Mod and won with it , they would most likely be more competitive with their late models. I think Strickler has the right plan to be successful in a Late Model.
    When you get out of a mod and get in a LM, the LM feels like a jet fighter.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Don't the Burton's own his mod? They also sponsor the late model. It might be one of those deals, they want him to run their investment instead of letting it sit?

Don’t guys like Pierce and Bloomer jump into mods occasionally among many others, Marlar races trucks maybe once a year, are you telling me all these guys aren’t “committed” to late models. Come on man, if they can afford it and have the opportunities, why not go and have some fun.

Kyle will get some wins this season for sure. He's too dang good. I wish he would have ran Tyler County tonight because he's very good there.

And did Strickler not have his mod at Volusia when he took the late model points lead ?

Is he racing anywhere this weekend?
    (Tyler County-Hagerstown-Port Royal)

There is a big difference between double duty and occasionally running something different.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    And did Strickler not have his mod at Volusia when he took the late model points lead ?
    the mods and late models dont race at the same time at volusia. i think loenbro was prepping his mod down there

Thank you for the info riddle. And I thought Strickler did just do this occasionally but I’ll start paying more attention to how often he is doing the double duty on nights he’s running for points in the lm.
    Last edited by Thedoctor; 04-15-2021 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Yes he did the same lead that was considered unsurpassable but he lost less than a half a dozen races later.

Story on DoD today indicates that the Boone WoO event was Stickler's first usage of a recently-acquired "distinctive black hauler that used to belong to Scott Bloomquist".

I assume that must be THE infamous hauler then...? Or did Bloomquist have another (different) black hauler before or after the Texas-built fiasco, that would also stand out?