Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

So foxfire what makes you think he was in a Bloomquist chassis ?

Myself I was getting ticked off as eschelman is talking about 2 cars racing side by side and the camera is on a wide pan view were you could barely read the numbers on the cars and it wasn't even close to the race he was describing. Great job dirtvision, you made that race totally unacceptable to watch.
    Last edited by dirtcrazy4u; 04-11-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    FWIW :Weiss was in a Bloomquist Chasis this weekend- not the Sniper he is now building.
    FWIW: You are wrong. ""We needed this", Weiss said of his turnaround performance in his self designed Sniper chassis.

^^^^^makes sense

Apparently I was wrong about the Chasis but: I was at Bristol Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Weiss’s car had the two white stripes on the fuel cell like all Bloomquist cars have had for years. I assumed he was using an old car from his stable. If it was a Sniper -then I guess he must e playing some type of mental game with bloomer?
    Like I said - the car had the two white stripes on the fuel cell- so that’s why I stated it was a Bloomquist Chasis. Not the first or last time I have been wrong- but my eyes are still very good.

It's had the Bloomquist style fuel cell all year, the cage even looks the same as Scott's does. My guess is, he's using the Sweet/Bloomquist platform with his own twist on it.

Just because it has the white fuel cell bars doesn’t mean it’s a bloomquist... you can fab those to any chassis on the market

I seem to recall reading early in the year that Weiss was going to race Bloomquist chassis with modifications made by Weiss and he would call the chassis a Sniper. Later in the year he would build a Sniper chassis in his shop that would be a pure Sniper chassis by Weiss.

I also noticed it said Sniper around the birdcage when I stood beside it yesterday.

Hey guys- I was bad wrong! I assumed- the first 3 letters of assumed is me on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    There are probably less than 5 teams in the country that have 3 race ready cars at all times.
    Considering I know more than 5 regional teams who have 3 cars ready to go, I don't think it's far fetched to expect that guys who race for a living would. I'd think if you are running WOO or Lucas and on the road that much you'd want that for piece of mind.

I was kind of shocked to see full time WoO drivers in the past couple weeks who seemed to be unprepared to roll out a backup car and race. Strickler without a motor in the backup, Dillard unable/unwilling to unload a backup, and Bloomer opting to change an engine rather than have a backup car ready to roll. For all the fancy-a$$ stacker trailers and haulers, these teams seemed no more prepared for adversity than Ruhlman running the STARS tour with a pickup truck and open trailer 30-odd years ago.

That is a very good and valid point there Jerky. A real head scratcher indeed.

Says on DoD Dillards car was totaled. I'm guessing they don't want that to happen again.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I would of thought most would of used their backup cars to save their primary cars in chance of totalling them like some did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    I was kind of shocked to see full time WoO drivers in the past couple weeks who seemed to be unprepared to roll out a backup car and race. Strickler without a motor in the backup, Dillard unable/unwilling to unload a backup, and Bloomer opting to change an engine rather than have a backup car ready to roll. For all the fancy-a$$ stacker trailers and haulers, these teams seemed no more prepared for adversity than Ruhlman running the STARS tour with a pickup truck and open trailer 30-odd years ago.
    I would say that many in the big time racing business are unsure if this season will return to unresricted crowds or not. Why spend if not needed.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I would of thought most would of used their backup cars to save their primary cars in chance of totalling them like some did.
    Unless said backup is brand new and never raced.

In DOD article today by Kevin Kovac: Ricky Weiss said the car he raced at Bristol was a 3 year old car he built at Bloomquist Shop in Mooresburg. Had updated it from a crate car. So I guess it was a SnipeQuist!

Watching the woo sprint race right now and Aaron reutzel just put his 4th motor of the weekend in after the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Watching the woo sprint race right now and Aaron reutzel just put his 4th motor of the weekend in after the dash.
    Sounds expensive