Thread: Gustin dq

Default Gustin dq

So I read that Ryan Gustin got dq'd for a vent lr upper 4bar. I'm aware of spring rods and their uses. Anyone care to shed some light on this. I'm guessing it's just another attempt to gain some compliance in the lr suspension at full hike. Within the rules. Or is this used in combination with somthing to get around the droop rule

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    So I read that Ryan Gustin got dq'd for a vent lr upper 4bar. I'm aware of spring rods and their uses. Anyone care to shed some light on this. I'm guessing it's just another attempt to gain some compliance in the lr suspension at full hike. Within the rules. Or is this used in combination with somthing to get around the droop rule
    As far as I know, MLRA has no droop rule.

A guy would have to see what he had to know what he was trying to do. The whole bottom can be bent, but top can't is another arbitrary, dumb rule.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    As far as I know, MLRA has no droop rule.A guy would have to see what he had to know what he was trying to do. The whole bottom can be bent, but top can't is another arbitrary, dumb rule.
    I know the mlra doesent have it but woo does and he's a regular.

Some Mod guys were using a spring steel tube, bent to like a S on top, and a Hockey stick on the lower, not sure if it ever hit any mainstream usage or not.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I know the mlra doesent have it but woo does and he's a regular.
    There's really only so much you can do with the droop rule anyway. It drops too far or it doesn't. You can manipulate the jack point to help you a bit. You can maybe make your limit bushing act a little digressive.

It was likely acting as a spring, as Krom is guessing. But, that could be ruled out right away based on geometry and material.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-15-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1