Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Is Hendrick still sponsoring Kyle for most every race? Hendrickcars.com etc etc ?
    Freightliner sponsored him at Bristol.. Hopefully they stay on. If not, ole' Hendrick has plenty of $$$$$$$$$ for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankedUp90 View Post
    Freightliner sponsored him at Bristol.. Hopefully they stay on. If not, ole' Hendrick has plenty of $$$$$$$$$ for years to come.
    I think it's interesting that Tarlton has been on the nascar car (very small sticker) since Kyle has been with Hendrick. I wonder what that costs...

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I think it's interesting that Tarlton has been on the nascar car (very small sticker) since Kyle has been with Hendrick. I wonder what that costs...
    That could be outta loyalty too. They have stuck with him and helped him all along.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Zach

He’s a benefit to dirt track and short track racing in general. No other dirt driver has more visibility and more of a following than Kyle, fortunately he does it with class. Am very surprised Hendrick didn’t clamp down more on his dirt program.

Ya know, while I’ll always thought besides NASCAR he was very good, now that he’s with Hendrick, I think it’ll all come together. Ganassi just isn’t a top team.

And I also think, because of the things Rick has done for Dale Jr, that Kyle is in the best place he could possibly be. A caring owner, with vast resources, but also who can help you, guide you. And I’m hoping they have an agreement that Kyle can run the dirt to keep him, well, happy.

Only thing will be if he gets hurt, what will Rick say? I would approach it as they are, let Kyle be Kyle, I just hope nothing bad happens. I’ve still not seen Kyle race in person. My brother saw him complete the 4 crown, plus at Port Royal.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He made the comment he was a little rusty last night at williams grove. LOL, the guy can get it done. Enjoy it while you can folks. I always wondered what it was like when you had aj, andretti, and many more come through the gate and then on to there indy rides the next day. Well my friends, kyle was just born a little to late, the guy can drive anything, period.

I’m DLM first, anything else dirt 2nd, NASCAR 3rd.

Kyle Larson is by far my favorite overall driver. It’s not just his talent. It’s how he drives and how he acts after he gets out of the car. He represents everything we want to represent to the next generation of racing fans.

So he’s going late model, sprint, late model, cup this weekend lol that’s awesome. Way to go mr. H and covid for canceling all nascar practice and qualifying. Still wish they would pull draw in nascar tho
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I wonder if he will be at the Dream. At least the Thursday race.

Their goal is to win a big one at Eldora this season.

Originally posted by chupp n bloomer fan

He’s a benefit to dirt track and short track racing in general. No other dirt driver has more visibility and more of a following than Kyle, fortunately he does it with class. Am very surprised Hendrick didn’t clamp down more on his dirt program.

Only thing will be if he gets hurt, what will Rick say? I would approach it as they are, let Kyle be Kyle, I just hope nothing bad happens. I’ve still not seen Kyle race in person. My brother saw him complete the 4 crown, plus at Port Royal.
    You're spot on correct in reference to Larson being an huge asset to dirt/short track racing. He garners interest from fans of every genre' of dirt racing from outlaw carts to the USAC Silver Crown division. Now he has cultivated the interest of dirt late model fans. It doesn't make any difference which track or what racecar he's driving, dirt open wheel and DLM fans alike are interested in how he finished. Even some dirt fans, who had no interest in NASCAR previously, are now taking some interest just to see how he is doing. It's great for all of dirt racing.

It was apparent during the 2011 season that the kid from Elk Grove, CA was special and I was fortunate to watch him before most had any idea he was extraordinary. I personally was convinced after watching him win at Du Quoin on the mile in a Silver Crown car then sometime later we watched him jump in a midget at Perris, CA and win the Turkey Night Grand Prix in late 2012!

Hope you get to see him race sometime, cnbf. I'm too young to have watched Foyt, Andretti and Al Sr. but I've had the honor of seeing a kid that is somewhat favorably compared to those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You're spot on correct in reference to Larson being an huge asset to dirt/short track racing. He garners interest from fans of every genre' of dirt racing from outlaw carts to the USAC Silver Crown division. Now he has cultivated the interest of dirt late model fans. It doesn't make any difference which track or what racecar he's driving, dirt open wheel and DLM fans alike are interested in how he finished. Even some dirt fans, who had no interest in NASCAR previously, are now taking some interest just to see how he is doing. It's great for all of dirt racing.

It was apparent during the 2011 season that the kid from Elk Grove, CA was special and I was fortunate to watch him before most had any idea he was extraordinary. I personally was convinced after watching him win at Du Quoin on the mile in a Silver Crown car then sometime later we watched him jump in a midget at Perris, CA and win the Turkey Night Grand Prix in late 2012!

Hope you get to see him race sometime, cnbf. I'm too young to have watched Foyt, Andretti and Al Sr. but I've had the honor of seeing a kid that is somewhat favorably compared to those guys.
    We (people who follow open wheel) already knew about 12-13 years ago that Kyle coming up through the open wheel stuff, he was already good and was going to be even better. I had already seen him some at the Chili Bowl, but I think it was 2011 at Oskaloosa for the USAC non-wing sprint Ultimate Challenge. I don't remember exactly the circumstances, but I think he came from deep in the field to win, and after the race everybody was just in awe of what we just saw, just kinda staring at each other like "Holy bleep man". And a couple years before that, Jesse Hockett won that same race in amazing fashion. That was a good event, too bad the McCarls and USAC couldn't continue to make it work.

Larson is the now a superstar, and HMS knows a good situation when they see it. Larson racing is Larson becoming a franchise. Wait till you see what he does in Nascar too. I caught grief for liking Stewart and his ability to win in anything he drove. Now we have Larson. I am glad not to catch Grief for his rising star.

He did say he wants to run the PDC and that he is off that weekend. The interview I heard he is in awe of Fairbury.

So, how big is the motorhome Kyle drives to the dirt track races ? I would think he would not drive the big monster he takes to the Nascar races.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    So, how big is the motorhome Kyle drives to the dirt track races ? I would think he would not drive the big monster he takes to the Nascar races.
    It's the one that goes to nascar races. His is the white one with the black truck. https://twitter.com/skateeagles/stat...681654790?s=21
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 04-20-2021 at 04:48 AM.

I said over the weekend he is the best all-around race car driver on this planet right now. I'm not sure anybody even comes close. Dude has a talent that doesn't come around very often. To do what he did Thursday night was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) impressive. The Bullring isn't exactly an easy track for a first timer.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)
    2022 Races - 66(16 Tracks)
    2021 Races - 100(31 tracks)
    2020 Races - 56(15 tracks)
    2019 Races - 75(23 tracks)
    2018 Races - 66(26 tracks)
    2017 Races - 62(18 tracks)

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You're spot on correct in reference to Larson being an huge asset to dirt/short track racing. He garners interest from fans of every genre' of dirt racing from outlaw carts to the USAC Silver Crown division. Now he has cultivated the interest of dirt late model fans. It doesn't make any difference which track or what racecar he's driving, dirt open wheel and DLM fans alike are interested in how he finished. Even some dirt fans, who had no interest in NASCAR previously, are now taking some interest just to see how he is doing. It's great for all of dirt racing.It was apparent during the 2011 season that the kid from Elk Grove, CA was special and I was fortunate to watch him before most had any idea he was extraordinary. I personally was convinced after watching him win at Du Quoin on the mile in a Silver Crown car then sometime later we watched him jump in a midget at Perris, CA and win the Turkey Night Grand Prix in late 2012!Hope you get to see him race sometime, cnbf. I'm too young to have watched Foyt, Andretti and Al Sr. but I've had the honor of seeing a kid that is somewhat favorably compared to those guys.
    Spot on. He has the attention of fans in just about every discipline of auto racing. Generational talent that is only the beginning. That’s why Hendrick signed him knowing for the first season or two the big dollar sponsors would stay distant. He will land a big sponsor in NASCAR by next season.