Default General Questions on RR Spring Rubbers

For those that have experience:

1) If using two spring rubbers, is there any rule of thumb as to where you place them in the spring (such as centered top to bottom, or with one coil space in between, or close to the ends of the spring)?

2) If using more than one spring rubber, do you clock them up against each other, or space a coil or two in between?

3) Is it unreasonable to use upwards of four spring rubbers on one spring?

Hoping to get a basic understanding before getting more technical with them. As always, any info is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    For those that have experience:

1) If using two spring rubbers, is there any rule of thumb as to where you place them in the spring (such as centered top to bottom, or with one coil space in between, or close to the ends of the spring)?

2) If using more than one spring rubber, do you clock them up against each other, or space a coil or two in between?

3) Is it unreasonable to use upwards of four spring rubbers on one spring?

Hoping to get a basic understanding before getting more technical with them. As always, any info is appreciated!
    I try to avoid any possibility of the shock body catching on it (don't put it low on spring).

I've seen guys run 4. Seems excessive to me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

As they get near the top and bottom depending on the spring they'll come in sooner. We've ran a many as 5 in a12" spring but we generally have no more than three in the most extreme scenarios

Thank you for the responses.

In being slightly more specific, if using rubbers on the RR to gain sidebite, do you tend to leave the J-Bar alone, or find a combination of the two that is the best compromise?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Thank you for the responses.

In being slightly more specific, if using rubbers on the RR to gain sidebite, do you tend to leave the J-Bar alone, or find a combination of the two that is the best compromise?

Thanks again!
    I tend to keep those as separate adjustments and treat them as such

I also tend to keep them seperate. One thing to note is IMHO when chasing side bite with rubbers it is important to use a spring/rubber combination that the rubber is not engaged at ride height and comes in closer to one inch. The idea with a spring rubber is to create a non linear curve.