Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    I can understand Gustins frustrating. He won a MLRA race a couple of nights ago and got DG'd. Now he ends up rolling his car with 5 laps to go. I think maybe a rut might have played a factor in the contract between the two of them...
    Appeared to me the rut was there for most of the night and definitely the entire feature. It did play a part, but it didn't magically appear with 5 to go when Pierce tried a slider.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Anyone thinking that was a good move by Pierce should have heard the crowd afterwards. Fans wanted to string him up. I hope Ryan races tonight. I know what my first move would be 
    Ang sells ear plugs too! Duh!!

Bobby's "none of you have driven a late model" argument only goes so far.
    I'm a truck driver and if someone watches me for a few weeks and in those few weeks I side swipe a car, back into a truck at a truckstop, take out a customer's door, and pull away from the diesel island with the nozzle still fueling....you could say I'm not a good truck driver. You don't need experience doing it yourself to see that.

Wonder if he feels like a complete tool after that interview? We've all acted a fool, but that was bad... 🙊

ANY slider that results in a crash is the fault of the person doing the sliding. The guy getting passed should not have to lift and turn under someone going slower that pulls up in front of you. ANYONE that does not understand this concept is just not intelligent.

Just a racing deal... They both got in there a little hot... Gustin could have got out of the gas and turned under Bobby. Bobby will be going for his 3rd Slowcum 50 in a row and his 5th over all win @ this race. And he is only 25 years old... Smile... Lol
    Im certainly not a die hard Pierce fan, but thats the way I saw it too!

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Bobby's "none of you have driven a late model" argument only goes so far.
    I'm a truck driver and if someone watches me for a few weeks and in those few weeks I side swipe a car, back into a truck at a truckstop, take out a customer's door, and pull away from the diesel island with the nozzle still fueling....you could say I'm not a good truck driver. You don't need experience doing it yourself to see that.
    This is a great perspective.....and Bobby's smug ass probably forgot where he was.

There were probably more late model drivers (current and former) in those Iowa stands than any other state in the country.....Bobby is the ravishing Rick rude of dirt late model racing, one day he's actually going to have to defend his actions.

Doesn't diminish one bit that I still love to see him show up......used to be for the rim riding,sparks flying dramatics of a good win, now it's more to see who's going to drive him the same way he drives others.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    This is a great perspective.....and Bobby's smug ass probably forgot where he was.

There were probably more late model drivers (current and former) in those Iowa stands than any other state in the country.....Bobby is the ravishing Rick rude of dirt late model racing, one day he's actually going to have to defend his actions.

Doesn't diminish one bit that I still love to see him show up......used to be for the rim riding,sparks flying dramatics of a good win, now it's more to see who's going to drive him the same way he drives others.
    Yep, he shoulda just shut up and not get into it with fans on a live interview!

Surely, he realizes those fans arent gonna get suspended for a year by a racing org!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Im certainly not a die hard Pierce fan, but thats the way I saw it too!
    I can sort of see this too, but the overall " body of work" Bobby brings with him sways my pendulum most times to the .......and they wonder why side.

Because we disagree here does that mean we have to hate each other now
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I can sort of see this too, but the overall " body of work" Bobby brings with him sways my pendulum most times to the .......and they wonder why side.

Because we disagree here does that mean we have to hate each other now
    It does appear to me Pierce hit that hole and bounced up into Gustin! But then again only the driver knows the truth.......not fans watching a video like an FBI agent!

I kept waiting for Gustin to drive back by him on the inside, but..........!

Am I the only one that thought Gustin jumped a little sideways when hitting the brakes to try avoiding Pierce? To me, there isn't much more Gustin can do to avoid that. Therefore, the slider was bad.Just wanting to know, what am I missing here?

Just watched it. Pierce was not clear of him. Gustin was on the cushion with a good run and hit no ruts at all. Pierce came out of four real crooked and slow. 100% on Dirty Bob.

Nobody seems to be allowed to slap any sense into anyone anymore since violence is reserved for the priveleged few. I predict that somebody who is driving angry and sick of him is going to take Bobby out so bad, he'll end up hosipitalized with major injuries or worse. People will light up the boards blaming whoever does it but it will be 100% Bobby's own fault for his past misgivings. Call it Karma or call it Texas Justice, but it will be served. If people were allowed to discipline and police each other, this prediction would be completely avoided.

Somebody someday is going to send Bobby to the ER with a broken jaw or worse. I bet he still doesn’t learn his lesson.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Can't quote TM but he seems to have a history of liking drivers that do nasty slide jobs expecting the other driver to let up and let them by.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    ^^^^yer one of about 2 people out of ? that see it that way so...I'd say majority rules and you need corrective Eyewear. Sorry.
    He's one of those that would argue with you over whether or not water is wet.
    2021 race count
    6 events

This is a great perspective.....and Bobby's smug ass probably forgot where he was.There were probably more late model drivers (current and former) in those Iowa stands than any other state in the country.....Bobby is the ravishing Rick rude of dirt late model racing, one day he's actually going to have to defend his actions.Doesn't diminish one bit that I still love to see him show up......used to be for the rim riding,sparks flying dramatics of a good win, now it's more to see who's going to drive him the same way he drives others.
    I'd say he's the Gold Dust of late model racing except he's exempt from the black flag.

I can understand Gustins frustrating. He won a MLRA race a couple of nights ago and got DG'd. Now he ends up rolling his car with 5 laps to go. I think maybe a rut might have played a factor in the contract between the two of them...
    Probably right, Pierce does drive like he’s got a hole in his head. Trash gonna trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Am I the only one that thought Gustin jumped a little sideways when hitting the brakes to try avoiding Pierce? To me, there isn't much more Gustin can do to avoid that. Therefore, the slider was bad.Just wanting to know, what am I missing here?
    Exactly how I saw it.

Side note on the incident...was Moyer's save on not piling into a rolling Gustin and still keeping his car in motion the save of the season? I thought so.