Default Jensen Ford Rocks to First-Career Southern All Star Series Victory

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 19, 2021

Jensen Ford Rocks to First-Career Southern All Star Series Victory
    Pockets $5,000 for Smoky Mountain Speedway Triumph

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (04/19/21) – Jensen Ford etched his name into the history books on Saturday night at Smoky Mountain Speedway during the Rockin’ with the Stars event. The driver of the Whitehead Construction Inc. No. 83 Stanco Equipment/ Shoun Trucking/ TNT Race Cars Super Late Model raced to his first-career Southern All Star (SAS) feature win.

“I bet the odds. I went on different tires as everybody else,” Ford said. “We weren’t as good in lapped traffic I don’t think, but when we were by ourself, we were really good. Heck, I’m just happy to finish a race. I’ve only finished one race this year. We’ve been fast as it shows right here. We won this race finally. Like I said, I’m just happy to finish a race. It sucks to have speed and not be able to show it. Thanks so much to everyone who supports our team. This one is for them.”

After Mother Nature wiped out the first two attempts, Jensen Ford finally visited I-75 Raceway (Sweetwater, Tenn.) on Friday evening for the Schaeffer’s Spring Nationals sanctioned contest. With the top-qualifiers from each group locked into the main event, Ford clocked in second in his group behind Dale McDowell. Starting the $5,053-to-win A-Main in third, Jensen was the third retiree of the race on the seventh lap. He was credited with a 20th-place finish.

The following night at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tenn.) in a field of 31 Southern All Star Series entries, Jensen laid down the fastest time in his qualifying group, which positioned him on the pole alongside Dale McDowell.

Jumping into the lead on the drop of the green flag, Ford led wire-to-wire to capture his first win of the season and first-career Southern All Star Series triumph. He finished ahead of Ricky Weiss, Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), McDowell, and Sam Seawright to earn $5,000.

For full results from these events, please visit www.SpringNationals.com and www.SASDirt.com.

Jensen Ford and his team are currently evaluating their plans for the upcoming weekend. As dates are locked down, they will be posted on the team website at www.JensenFord83.com .

Jensen Ford would like to thank all of his sponsors including Whitehead Construction Inc., Stanco Equipment, Shoun Trucking, Martel Signs, Base Racing Fuels, Hardison Suspension Technology, Winters Performance Products, Excel Enterprises LLC, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Penske Racing Shocks, FK Rod Ends, Hoosier Racing Tire, PPM Racing Products, Schoenfeld Headers, TNT Race Cars, Performance Bodies, Sweet Manufacturing, QuickCar Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, ButlerBuilt Performance Seat Systems, Eagle Racing Engines, TruForm Race Products, Simpson Race Products, Go Lithium, CrateInsider.com, Dynamic Drivelines, Behrent’s Performance Warehouse, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jensen Ford, please visit his official cyber home at www.JensenFord83.com .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 04-19-2021 at 10:24 AM.