Default Mack McCarter Wins $5,000 in Smoky Mountain Speedway Thriller

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 19, 2021

Mack McCarter Wins $5,000 in Smoky Mountain Speedway Thriller
    Pierce McCarter Nabs Top-10 Finish with Southern All Star Series

GATLINBURG, Tenn. (04/19/21) – Mack McCarter scored his first 2021 victory in thrilling fashion on Saturday night at Smoky Mountain Speedway. The Tennessee racer won the inaugural Steel Block Bandits Dirt Late Model Challenge event in a photo finish over Cory Hedgec ock.

In fact, McCarter’s win came by a scant 0.006 seconds at the finish line in his McCarter Brothers Racing No. 51 Tennessee Homemade Wines/ Hidden Valley Cattle Ranch/ CVR Race Cars / Phantom Racing Engine Late Model.

“My car tightened up quite a bit,” McCarter said. “When that tire finally fired, I was just so tight. It took all the guts I had just to finish that race. It was a heck of a race. I mean, we were pulling sliders and everything else. (The top of the track) is really good. It’s come in. Roger (Sellers) and his crew really did a great job on the track. A big thank you goes out to my team and all of my supporters for giving me a great car.”

On Saturday afternoon McCarter Racing pilots, Mack and Pierce were in action at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tenn.) for the Rockin’ with the Stars event.

Drawing 27 Steel Block Bandits Dirt Late Model Challenge entries, Mack qualified sixth-fastest overall before picking up an eight-lap heat race victory. Taking part in a heated battle for the lead with Cory Hedgec ock throughout the 40-lap feature, McCarter fended off Hedgec ock’s late-race charge in the waning laps to pick up the $5,000 victory in the series’ debut. He finished 0.006 seconds ahead of Hedgec ock to claim his first win of the season. Jason Manley, Matt Henderson, and Russell Erwin completed the Top-5 finishers.

For the Southern All Star Series sanctioned program, Piece secured his spot into the $5,000-to-win A-Main with the third-fastest time in his qualifying group. Losing one spot in the 40-lap feature, McCarter recorded a seventh-place finish in the No. 71 Mastersbilt House Car.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.BanditsDirt.com and www.SASDirt.com .

McCarter Racing is currently weighing out their racing plans for the upcoming weekend and once finalized will be posted on the team’s official online home at www.McCarterRacing.com .

McCarter Brothers Racing would to like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include McCarter Lumber Company, Parkway Liquor Store, Tennessee Homemade Wines, Sugarland’s Distilling, High Velocity Heads & Intake Manifolds, McCarter Farms, Hyperco Springs, Base Racing Fuel, Öhlins Shocks, Simpson Race Products, Butlerbuilt Seats, Hoosier Tire by Pup, Wells Motorsports Photography, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on McCarter Brothers Racing, please visit www.McCarterRacing.com .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 04-19-2021 at 11:39 AM.