Thread: Trans question?

Default Trans question?

Anyone have experience with the Brinn Predator? I have used standard Brinns in the past with no issues, and now have 2 predators, problem is they grind alot, and you have to be very deliberate when putting in low/reverse (slam into low/reverse), and you have to hold in reverse or it pops out.
    Brinn says this is normal, and nothing to worry about, but I'm a little skeptical.

Curt Drake
    Stock car #55

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Racing View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Brinn Predator? I have used standard Brinns in the past with no issues, and now have 2 predators, problem is they grind alot, and you have to be very deliberate when putting in low/reverse (slam into low/reverse), and you have to hold in reverse or it pops out.
    Brinn says this is normal, and nothing to worry about, but I'm a little skeptical.

Curt Drake
    Stock car #55
    I can't say on that version of Brinn, but the bert 2nd gen trans (assume the Brinn may be similar in design). The messed teeth of the gears in low and reverse are extremely narrow (about 3/16th wide) and if you ground the gears a lot during use (going into low or reverse) it can round the teeth on the gears enough that it won't stay into gear. On the Bert the only way to fix is to replace those pieces.

Again no idea if the brinn is similar

I always put mine in gear before starting the engine. No issues
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!