Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    I remember joking back in the day how at WVMS you bring your comfy lawn chair... at Pennsboro you bring your comfy lawn chair and a Shovel lol
    Boro is such a “neat” experience, but what a hole.

There is no way without someone seeing it in person you can accurately describe the Boro. Great, loved the memories, just to bring it back to life as they have been attempting, I’d say it’ll lose the “Magic”.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I had a great time. Crowd was unbelievable, car count was low for supers, lots of steel blocks. Can't wait for the next race there.

You will never see the cars that pennsboro would bring in. But, if that place ever reopens, the fans will flock to it just as they did to the reopening of WVMS. It was great to see the place packed. Yea they have some work to do, with all the rain that came up I'd say they did a heck of a job even doing what they did. Patience.

I watched a video of Port Royal after watching the WVMS race. Port didn't seem so big after watching the WVMS race. WVMS might even be bigger than 5/8 imo.
    Formerly 66#1

I measure about .60miles thru satellite imagery.

I can see why they had a low car count
    Too much stress on the engines

Too rough on equipment, blown tires, wheels coming off

place looked fantastic with the huge crowd and I hope the people keep coming back but we shall see...

I’m sure they’ll work on the track surface...they have to...but a lot of factors to consider, many of which have already been brought up on this thread. As a fan I’d be hard pressed to give them anything close to a failing grade...a pat on the back “props to you” type of comment would suffice, with the added encouragement that if the promoter is willing to put the level of effort and money into getting the track back open, he and his team will do what needs to be done to get the surface where it needs to be. Long term...I don’t know that trying to do weekly racing is the route I would go...it seems like this track would be a good site for special events...8-10 larger, series types events (Supers, CRUSA, sprints, etc.) that would draw quality cars and good car counts seems appropriate. Get on the horn with tracks like Smoky Mountain, Rome, etc. that run this type of schedule and get some insights. Just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah Port isn't no where as big as WVMS.. It reminded me of Cumberland more than any other track..

Sprint cars are next for the track, we will see how that turns out. I can’t imagine how fast they’ll be.

Did this track have stones in racing surface when it ran yrs ago?

squaredup12 WVMS has no intention of trying weekly shows

bleedblue55...well that’s good to hear, and should prove to be a better outcome for the track, the racers and the fans. It seems several comments were already being directed at how the track would likely come to another demise if it were to try weekly shows...essentially making the assumption that they were going to.

They already have weekly racing covered. Ohio Valley Speedway which is less then a half hour away runs on Fridays, Tyler County has Saturday covered. The Watson family is involved in all 3.

Gotcha...that’s good. Also, props to them for one of the best, viewer-friendly, concise race schedules I’ve seen made available in a long time on a dirt track website. As a fan, I appreciate that...here’s the link: https://www.wvmotorspeedway.com/wp-c...-Schedule5.pdf

Pretty discouraging to see no track prep the whole night!

Is Ray Charles the racing director?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

It didn't need more water. Haha
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It didn't need more water. Haha
    Yeah it did........in the packer tires! lol

What exactly would you have done on a Sunday night? It didn't need watered because there was already too much water in it. They tried to run in the loose stuff but it just kept getting dirty. It was what it was.

What a terrible post.

Like others said, what were they supposed to do? It was already tacky AF. Just needed to run in the loose stuff in the turns.

Honestly once they get it slowed down the racing might be decent. They were dealt a bad hand with wet weather. If they can get it wide and slick should a lot better.