Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Grove’s super races are almost always part of a swing, that helps the car counts. When they’ve done standalone shows, they tend not to do all that well.

The last couple years PPMS actually ran supers they had ten cars or less most nights. It’s why the only super race left on the calendar is the Pittsburgher.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

(PA guys have the equipment that can handle it. The WV locals do not. ) What do they make different for them ? Supension, Engine, Frame ??I didnt know they made them for Northern or Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    (PA guys have the equipment that can handle it. The WV locals do not. ) What do they make different for them ? Supension, Engine, Frame ??I didnt know they made them for Northern or Southern.
    Mostly the engines. Big tracks generally require monster horsepower. MOV tracks do not.

WVMS is bigger and more banked than any of the central PA tracks. There’s that too.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 04-23-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Default Bayko

I don’t think it helped that they were paying what, $1k to win on that big a$$ track. They are notorious for paying very little, but charging $$$.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default @C&B

In our area, you can pay 15 bucks to go see 410s, Super Lates, Big Blocks and Open Stocks, or you can pay 15 bucks and see maybe fifteen crates, twenty or so stocks between two classes and a dozen four cylinders between two classes. Take a guess which is which, lol.

Added: Tyler Erb #1

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    In our area, you can pay 15 bucks to go see 410s, Super Lates, Big Blocks and Open Stocks, or you can pay 15 bucks and see maybe fifteen crates, twenty or so stocks between two classes and a dozen four cylinders between two classes. Take a guess which is which, lol.
    Oh I know which two you are referring to lol. Did Lernerville up their purses, I know they were not getting decent counts for a bit and it stemmed from drivers “boycotting “ Lernerville till the pay increased.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Lernerville and western pa is a shadow of what it was at oNE time. You have 1 western pa guy that ventures out, Colton flinner. You have 3 or 4 cars that may be capable but it's a stretch and if they do its a ulms show. Most won't go to port royal on a Saturday and there paying a excellent purse.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Lernerville and western pa is a shadow of what it was at oNE time. You have 1 western pa guy that ventures out, Colton flinner. You have 3 or 4 cars that may be capable but it's a stretch and if they do its a ulms show. Most won't go to port royal on a Saturday and there paying a excellent purse.
    You’re correct. Shame too, Lernerville is excellent. But purses gotta step up, Sharon is starting to pay better. Surely Lernerville can, they have a great reputation. But to regain some of it, really need to up pay. Such a great place though.

RIP Don Martin

Michael Norris, Mason Zeigler, and Greg Satterlee might disagree with you. Port Royal draws some of the biggest late model fields for a regular show anywhere.

Michael Norris is a joke to you I guess?

I used to live 15 minutes from WVMS. it’s a beautiful facility, but I never liked the 5/8 track. Drivers hated it too. Still can’t believe they decided to go back to that configuration. I wish ‘em luck. Might work for a few events, but I predict a similar long term fate. I hope I’m wrong.

He's always babbling on about something he has no clue about.

Question

No joke then that he won the ULMS race tonight at Sharon Speedway ?

WOW. You guys need to read. I said there is 3 or 4 other guys that can get it done. I also said that they are running ulms. But if there off, ulms, these same guys have no problem either sitting at home or maybe venturing to port royal on a Saturday night. Blair was taking over the viper ride yet he showed up at Sharon in his 111. Misprint or number swap ? What was up with that ?

WOW. You guys need to read. I said there is 3 or 4 other guys that can get it done. I also said that they are running ulms. But if there off, ulms, these same guys have no problem either sitting at home or maybe venturing to port royal on a Saturday night. Blair was taking over the viper ride yet he showed up at Sharon in his 111. Misprint or number swap ? What was up with that ?
    He’ll stay in the 111, just as Lanigan stayed in 29.

It's hard to read and understand your gibberish sometimes.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I wish they would have cut the track back to at least 1/2 mile, or better yet, 4/10. Making it smaller than that would have likely over saturated the area (Hilltop/Ohio Valley/Tyler/I-77/Skyline) with 3/8 or 1/4 mile tracks and someone would go out of business. That said, 5/8 is just too big, even for special events only. The local cars don’t have the engine packages to run it, hence the lukewarm support.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 04-25-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    It's hard to read and understand your gibberish sometimes.
    True statement, but only one of many