Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    Just curious, is there a consensus about where or when Scott's decline started? Shoulder surgery, motorcycle wreck, divorce, build (and failure) of the super hauler, etc... I know everyone's career eventually reaches twilight status and finishes/wins start to slow down, but it doesn't seem that long ago that Scott was still very relevant when he showed up and then a sharp downturn which seemed to coincide with the "more-than-usual-for-Scott" late arrivals. I certainly agree with Bayko's take that Father Time is undefeated but it seems like Bloomer went straight from serious threat to Darrell Waltrip career's end status almost overnight.
    Has to be the bike wreck IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I thought it was penicillin and she was a Molly Maid 樂
    Lol. Pen!scillan and French Maid
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just curious, is there a consensus about where or when Scott's decline started? Shoulder surgery, motorcycle wreck, divorce, build (and failure) of the super hauler, etc... I know everyone's career eventually reaches twilight status and finishes/wins start to slow down, but it doesn't seem that long ago that Scott was still very relevant when he showed up and then a sharp downturn which seemed to coincide with the "more-than-usual-for-Scott" late arrivals. I certainly agree with Bayko's take that Father Time is undefeated but it seems like Bloomer went straight from serious threat to Darrell Waltrip career's end status almost overnight.
    The bike accident certainly didn’t help, but the hill was starting to crest even before the accident. There are other issues in Mooresburg beyond him still being banged up.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bike wreck and he still acts like he’s 25-35, he is not. And no good help wants to be with that deal. I just wish it was different.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Great question! I would have to say all of that is a lot for any human to handle and still remain relative in any industry/business they are involved in. His last big moment was lapping the field at the World right? A big part of Scott's success was his good friend Randy Sweet. His passing sure has not helped things either. I always thought Randy's involvement allowed Scott to stay ahead of the technology curve, until Rumley changed it all in 2015.
    I personally never understood the Cody Sommers deal or what he really brings to the operation. It was such a sudden thing. Cody puts on the dome race, Scott wins it and boom all of sudden this guy owns part of Scott's team? I mean I kinda get it, hes trying to get sponsorship ect but Cody is getting paid way more than anyone else on that team besides Scott. If he were to put that money into quality help on the cars the performance would get that sponsorship money. At least thats how I see it. Dont forget that Scott nor his mom have to take care of shirt sales ect, that was farmed out to Arizona.

Scott has nothing to prove to anyone in my opinion. The haters can say what they want but there is a reason that Scott calls a guy like Larry Moore for advice/help (in the latest Rigsby Report). I would be willing to bet my next paycheck there are not 2 other drivers in this game that have fallen asleep under their cars more than those 2 guys. Scott has sacrificed his entire adult life for the 'sport' of Dirt Late Model racing that we all enjoy, love him or hate him. All good things eventually come to an end. He has lived a life that most of us can only dream of right?

I dont personally care if he runs a series or not. Scott has always wanted to win the big money races and I do not see that changing. Both series have had plenty of chances to be great and in my opinion have failed. It costs the same to drive down the road to a 10k to win show as it does a 50k to win show. If you do not win the points series what did you really make? The 49 car skipped a Lucas race and won 2/3 of what it pays to win the points in one night of racing. They race for money just like you and I get up and go to work for money.

Peace out.

Keep the faith!
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I can't see him running those bullrings. The fans out there would love it. I can see Boobie door Slammin him on 1 of those 1/4 mile bull rings. 4m would explode.
    Having that 32 car anywhere near you on a 1/4 track would be very concerning, I imagine.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Has to be the bike wreck IMO.
    That would seem to be the biggeest reason. But maybe it' a combination of all of the above plus his pit crew personnel.

He did supposedly have two already bad shoulders before that. It's hard to argue about anything with him lately. Other than some of the newer tracks the last few years on the schedules he has won everywhere where the national tours go and some of the bigger events they don't go. Only win he's missing is the PDC. Even though the event has been around along time it's only really been on the big scene since the pay to win was upped around 2013.

I'm sure gottagofast will be around soon to toot his horn and tell everyone how dumb everyone is and don't have the slightest clue about anything.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 04-21-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Why not just ride off into the sunset and build chassis as his source of income?

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Having that 32 car anywhere near you on a 1/4 track would be very concerning, I imagine.
    You're like cat nip!! Expect to get pounced!!! 🐱

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Why not just ride off into the sunset and build chassis as his source of income?
    The problem with that is that your cars have to be in the hands of guys that not only want to deal with you, but can win A LOT of races, big races. Moyer tried the same thing and that flopped. Scott isn't going to answer phone calls all night from people who buy his chassis. In fact, in the past he has pushed people away and/or limited who can buy them. I'm not sure if that was the best decision. He should have sold 300-400 of them when people wanted them in my opinion. He'll be alright somehow though. Again, I'm not certain if the merchandise deal he made was ideal for long term or not either. Might have been sexy short term, but in 5 more years, that merch business may be the only business he has. I hope all the best, just seems like a dumpster fire with that team, which has somehow managed to be great for so long despite the circus.

My dog once fell asleep under the racecar. Not sure if that counts or not?

My dog once fell asleep under the racecar. Not sure if that counts or not?
    Did it get tired while you danced for $cott? 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Did it get tired while you danced for $cott? 珞
    Their was reasonable proof that the fella dancing for Scott @Bristol was indeed from Maple Park, Illinoise. It was posted somewhere here on good ole 4ms.

Would that be : 46W 742 Beith Road
    Maple Park, IL 60151 ????

Default You moved??

Their was reasonable proof that the fella dancing for Scott @Bristol was indeed from Maple Park, Illinoise. It was posted somewhere here on good ole 4ms.
    I get it you'd try and hide that. I've never seen you out and about in MP... You must be wearing a diferant pair of daisy dukes while in public. 🙊

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    He did supposedly have two already bad shoulders before that. It's hard to argue about anything with him lately. Other than some of the newer tracks the last few years on the schedules he has won everywhere where the national tours go and some of the bigger events they don't go. Only win he's missing is the PDC. Even though the event has been around along time it's only really been on the big scene since the pay to win was upped around 2013.

I'm sure gottagofast will be around soon to toot his horn and tell everyone how dumb everyone is and don't have the slightest clue about anything.
    Yes, I forgot all about the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Would that be : 46W 742 Beith Road
    Maple Park, IL 60151 ????
    That's my place. He must be out by the track somewhere...

Lol, someone been gotten too....