FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2021

Shane Clanton Focuses on Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Slate for 2021
Preps for Illinois’ Invasion on the Heels of a Runner-Up Finish at Port Royal

ZEBULON, Ga. (04/21/21) – To this point in the 2021 season, Shane Clanton has been weighing his options between competing full time with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) and the World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Series. With the upcoming weekend schedules for the two tours clashing for the first time this season, Clanton has made the decision to contend for the LOLMDS championship.

“Ever since my wife Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer late last year, everything has been up in the air as far as my racing schedule. Obviously, my family comes first in everything that I do. With her continued treatments as well as her upcoming surgery, it makes the most sense for me to run the Lucas Oil tour,” Clanton shared. “She’s scheduled to have surgery on June 3, and I need to be around home as much as possible to take care of her and my family before and after the surgery. Right now Lucas Oil is off the two weeks following her surgery, so that was a driving factor in my decision.”

While Clanton currently has full intentions of following the remainder of the 2021 LOLMDS slate, Michelle’s recovery will dictate his racing schedule following her early June procedure.

“I plan to run every Lucas Oil series event this year, but if I need to be home for the months following her surgery, that’s what I’ll do. My plan for now is to run every race through the end of May, and then plan accordingly from there,” Clanton said. “I’m just very thankful to have a great team in Skyline Motorsports and a lot of great sponsors, who support my decisions. My family is my everything, and they’re always going to be my top priority.”

Last weekend, Clanton trekked to the Northeast with the LOLMDS contingent for a pair of events. He recorded a 14th-place finish on Saturday night at Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway before racing to a hard-fought, second-place finish on Sunday evening at Pennsylvania’s Port Royal Speedway in his Skyline Motorsports No. 25 Bennett Explosives/ Super K Express/ Capital Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Clanton, who currently sits ninth in the latest LOLMDS standings, is scheduled to travel to Illinois this weekend for a series doubleheader. Action opens on Friday night at Tri-City Speedway before shifting to Macon Speedway on Saturday.

Full event details can be found at www.LucasDirt.com.

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Skyline Motorsports, Bennett Explosives, Bruening Rock, Products, Capital Race Cars, Super K Express, Truck Country, Penske Shocks, Olson Explosives, Clements Racing Engines, Base Race Fuels, Freeman Plumbing, Hoosier Tire South, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Carolina Concrete Finishers, QA1, Quarter Master, Hovden Oil, Bert Transmission, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Stop Tech Brakes, Allstar Performance, Advanced Transportation, DirtOnDirt.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com and for more information on Skyline Motorsports, please visit www.Tyler16.com .