Default DIY Tire machine

Anyone on here build there own tire machine? What electric motor is the best to use? Feel like it would be pretty easy to make and save a few hundred bux........

Built one years ago for our modifieds with some leftover square tubing, pillow block bearings, pulleys and a $50 12 volt bbq rotisserie motor and 12v to 120 converter. I had to use the pulleys reduce the rpms but it works great. I recently had to make an adapter to go from 5x5 to wide 5 for late models.

Use one of these motors. We used these for 4 tire rotisseries. Very durable!
    https://www.grainger.com/search/powe...tegoryIndex=63

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Use one of these motors. We used these for 4 tire rotisseries. Very durable!https://www.grainger.com/search/powe...tegoryIndex=63
    Looks like the exact one used by Allstar. Good find!

I saw one made from a small winch. They just used the motor and rigged up a coupler. Mounted a battery on the stand and just used 12v.

My brother fabricated his own machine using the motor and electronics from a treadmill. It uses the electrical board from the treadmill and can adjust the speed accordingly. He’s a sharp guy who enjoys making his own equipment.

The mid eighties Ford Ranger Window motors are 12v and really cheap ($30) about anywhere. I use them for various projects.