Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WoO Boone

What’s the format change for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    My time is limited to but it took 1 minute to find the answer. Yes Ricky was at Boone in mod because it was 3k to win with extra bonus but he broke early in feature.
    Your research is faulty. Ricky chose to start 23rd for a chance at the 3k+ bonus. Took the lead on lap 17 & broke 2 laps later.

So 24 cars for $30k and no heats?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I was thinking more like 25-28. If Davenport wasn't running a series he wouldn't have the whole Lucas schedule on his website.
    Looks like I was pretty close...

And I was correct about Overton.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Dillard steals one from Sheppard on the first feature.

Rocket House Car hasn’t looked this close to the rest of the field in a while. Still having good finishes, but not like it has looked in past seasons

2nd feature, Babb, Heckenest, Bruening

Not too far off from breif reading for a min. He lead he broke he was at Boone.

Locked down on the bottom for most of the 2nd late model feature. Weiss car in the first feature raced like a tank, I think it's going to be a long hard year for him and his new chassis.

Wow ! No one said Bobby Pierce was going to be at Boone. It should be quite a show just to watch Pierce in the 100 lapper. I bet Bloomquist is kicking himself for not going to Boone. I think just starting the feature pays 1500 dollars. Another surprise is Richie Gustin had a Late Model entered. He will be another one to watch in the feature. The boy can drive and will go to the front. Hats off to Cade Dillard for winning on a track he has never raced on. I can hardly wait to get to Boone. Does anyone know if they are selling Hawkeye 100 shirts at the track ?

yes they have event shirts. there 3 colors, black, purple,pink. races were good tonight except for end of 2nd lm A when track locked down rubbered up. there were 24 cars,Lucas oil had 25 at ponderosa,SLMR had 24 cars at Lakeside ks,,donnellson had 19 imca cars for their drive for five qualifier,davenport had 21 imca lm's for their weekly show,I-80 ne. had 23 lm's for their show so no place had a huge field. best guess is maybe they would have had 30 total at boone if not for the competition around the area + other guys not being ready etc. Moyer, Dillard, heckenast were top 3 point guys & will start on poles of the 3 heats saturday. they will pick up more support class cars tomorrow night for sure and friday they 30+ in each of them. im just hoping they farm right b4 the 100 lapper saturday. there were wild finishes in both the stock & mod A mains tonight. Hot laps at 530 saturday, no time trials for lm's saturday.
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 05-01-2021 at 02:30 AM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Thanks for all the great info. Since hot laps start at 5:30 , I think I will leave home earlier than first planned.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Alright Flyboy, again you obviously have not been to either track! Boone, Ia-great short track, multi-groove you can run 4 wide on. Boone NC, can hardly fit two cars side by side on the parade lap; surface is terrible, only thing good would be the people-friendly crowd that enjoy an evening out!
    I was just seeing if you folks were paying attention. 😜 Yes I have been to the track in Boone, NC. It’s nice to have a track close to a vacation spot in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Not too far off from breif reading for a min. He lead he broke he was at Boone.
    I'll ask... What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I'll ask... What does this mean?
    He was referring to VooDoo acting like he was full of crap.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Wow ! No one said Bobby Pierce was going to be at Boone.
    Hey moron. Refer to post #29 and #41 of this thread. It's also been listed on his website schedule all week prior
    2021 race count
    6 events

I completely forgot Lucas was running last night and watched the B league.I was nice to see Babb get one.

For all the hype I’ve ever heard about how fantastic Boone is, gotta say after watching the highlights from the first feature, it was average at best. And for the 2nd one to lockdown early after hearing how fast the track crew can turn that place over and prep it...kinda left shaking my head 🤷🏻(not a nice word)♂️🤷🏻(not a nice word)♂️

Valid point Switchback. Just wonder if track prep decisions were influenced by WOO officials? I didn’t anticipate the amount of support class cars either.
    I hate time trials.

I think you just nailed it Kaz!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!