Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WoO Boone

Boone is between a third and three 3/8 mile high bank track. It is a drivers track. A driver with a good handling car can do well . Hopefully , we can find an entry list. I would not be surprised to see Jake Timm , Lucas Schott, Dustin Sorenson, and Yaggy give it a shot.

Kay
    McKenna
    Rauen
    Furman
    Birky
    Aikey
    DeFrance
    Hurst
    Eckrich
    Timm
    Hilsabeck
    Northdurft

These are all possibilities if not already on their schedules

It will be a great race but 32-35 cars max.

what are the support classes? and do they farm for weekly shows or is that just for the supernationals?

Mods, Sport Mods and Stock Cars.
    2021 race count
    6 events

With as many races scheduled , you can bet on them farming the track every so many laps between races. They will keep the track smooth and racy.

i looked at the listed order of events and heres a best guess as to how it goes:
    hotlaps sport mods,mods,lm's,stocks. then lm qualifying.then farming. opening ceremonies. then the heats will be run sp mods,mods,stocks. then another farming session.then the last chance races if needed. then the 2 LM twin hawks.then a farming session. then the sp mod,mod,stock A's this is friday my best guess.if cody lets the track prep team do their thing it will be a exciting night.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Yeah after browsing schedules I’m changing my prediction of 40 to 30 cars.

These should be good shows. They got at least 3 of everything for track prep...tractors with tillers, water trucks, packers. They can do lots of track prep in just 10 minutes, most track take about 45 minutes to do what boone does in 10. Almost 0% chance of seeing a rubbered up snoozefest. Looking at the Lucas schedule, I see there out east, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near another guaranteed rubbered up weekend.

Open late models at Boone has the chance to be another FALS type event. Just not sure if WOO will want them prepping the track leaving lots of moisture in it like they do normally. I’m not confident that they won’t be scared of the drivers complaining. Will be interesting.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Kay
    McKenna
    Rauen
    Furman
    Birky
    Aikey
    DeFrance
    Hurst
    Eckrich
    Timm
    Hilsabeck
    Northdurft

These are all possibilities if not already on their schedules
    You literally named some guys that don’t even have cars anymore or haven’t raced a big motor in a few years. DaFrance just got his heart back in rhythm. I’ll give you Hilasbeck, Nortdruff, and maybe Rauen as being there.

This is getting hilarious. I’m gonna laugh all day about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    There's 10 guys on tour. 11 if you add Blake Spencer but I think he may have dropped off. Then there's Pierce, Simpson, Babb, Junghans, Moyer. That's 15. Where is the other 45 coming from? It would be dumb for Overton and Wells to drive all the way out there to race for $30k when they can go up the road for $12k at one stop and $15k at the other.
    This.

It appears nobody knows the landscape of late model racing out here. The only late models left between Omaha and Des Moines are imca/spec type. Where are you gonna get cars to fill a field? The days of guys bringing a butter knife to hand grenade fight are over.

Yes I literally did do that. It’s also literally $30,000 to win which is literally rare

Big money to win races aren’t a guarantee to get drivers to show.

I bet they will be south of 30/35.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    i looked at the listed order of events and heres a best guess as to how it goes:
    hotlaps sport mods,mods,lm's,stocks. then lm qualifying.then farming. opening ceremonies. then the heats will be run sp mods,mods,stocks. then another farming session.then the last chance races if needed. then the 2 LM twin hawks.then a farming session. then the sp mod,mod,stock A's this is friday my best guess.if cody lets the track prep team do their thing it will be a exciting night.
    Cody who? If you're referring to Sommers, I'm fairly certain he is not involved with promoting this show. I believe that deal went away.

Quality over quantity. There will be more than enough late models to put on a good show.

Someone on here said Ricky Thornton Jr was going to be running a Lucas race this weekend . I heard from a reliable source that he raced his modified at Boone on Saturday. Was Ricky getting used to the track so he will know it well for this weekend ? Are there other late model racers flying under the radar and getting ready to go for 30 grand at Boone ? Where is Overton racing this weekend ? Overton is supposedly running only big money shows and not running a series. What is Bloomquist up to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Someone on here said Ricky Thornton Jr was going to be running a Lucas race this weekend . I heard from a reliable source that he raced his modified at Boone on Saturday.
    Are you serious? A reliable source? Race results are public information. You couldn't just go look for yourself? I don't think anyone here definitively said he was going to be there in a LM. Whether or not he raced his modified there this past week doesn't mean $hit. 🤦(not a nice word)♂️
    2021 race count
    6 events

My time is limited for doing race result search. We should know more about car count Friday night.

My time is limited to but it took 1 minute to find the answer. Yes Ricky was at Boone in mod because it was 3k to win with extra bonus but he broke early in feature.