Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WoO Boone

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea all of a sudden there's a big payday race coming up and Ole bloomie seemingly isn't going. What up with Dat ole bloomie ?
    Blackie is his PR guy is why😉

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    Blackie is his PR guy is why
    And your mom goes down at the truck stop of a night...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thumbs up It's part of the show 🚜🚜🚜...

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Y'all ain't seen track farming till you've been to Boone. Whether there are 1200 cars in the pits, or 120, they know what works for them.
    True this! Been this way a long time. Nothing short of amazing!!

One thing is for sure , the way they maintain the track, there will be three grooves for use by the racers. I am definitely going. There will be a lot of passing in the races. Should be one of the best races of the year. They have a lot of pit space. I look for 60 plus SLM in the pits. I would not be surprised to see Davenport and Overton appear at the track since they are not running a series this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    One thing is for sure , the way they maintain the track, there will be three grooves for use by the racers. I am definitely going. There will be a lot of passing in the races. Should be one of the best races of the year. They have a lot of pit space. I look for 60 plus SLM in the pits. I would not be surprised to see Davenport and Overton appear at the track since they are not running a series this year.
    60? I was going to say 40 tops. JD looks to be Lucas racing.

Boone is centrally located in the USA. You all could be surprised by how many SLM from around the country show up. Some MLRA late model racers could show for a chance at 30 grand. Someone like Jeff Aikey could put a big engine in his IMCA late model and take on the WOO late models. There could be a lot surprises. I do not want to miss a 100 lapper at Boone.

I was thinking more like 25-28. If Davenport wasn't running a series he wouldn't have the whole Lucas schedule on his website.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I was thinking more like 25-28. If Davenport wasn't running a series he wouldn't have the whole Lucas schedule on his website.
    Agree. I don't see how someone could predict 60 cars with Lucas Oil also having races. Not to mention SLMR is in Kansas and Missouri Friday and Saturday so that eliminate some of those cars.

You have the top 12ish in points, Simpsons, Pierce, Babb, Franky H, maybe a few MLRA guys, Mars?, Moyers, maybe JD, but outside of that I struggle to think of anyone else.

I saw only 1 Simpson was going. And Mars has a local race on his.

Is the droop rule a deterrent?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Don't forget it's also opening night at FALS.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

race of the year

Bronson and Lanigan won't be there.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Y'all ain't seen track farming till you've been to Boone. Whether there are 1200 cars in the pits, or 120, they know what works for them.
    That is an understatement.

I don't know about Ryan Gustin getting very many laps in on the Boone track. Ryan has mostly run the USMTS Mod Touring Series. Boone is an IMCA sanctioned track. Riche Gustin and Jimmy Gustin are both masters of the track and have a lot of lap time. Now, of all the drivers entered, I would say Kyle Strickler has the most laps on the Boone Speedway. Kyle knows the track like the back of his hand and has won the Super Nationals twice in a Mod. If Ricky Thornton Jr shows up , he has a lot of laps on the Boone track also. Ricky Thornton JR has also won the Super Nationals in a Mod.
    I imagine that Ricky will be running the Lucas Oil races. I am pretty sure that he is running for Rookie of the Year.

Boone is centrally located in the USA. You all could be surprised by how many SLM from around the country show up. Some MLRA late model racers could show for a chance at 30 grand. Someone like Jeff Aikey could put a big engine in his IMCA late model and take on the WOO late models. There could be a lot surprises. I do not want to miss a 100 lapper at Boone.
    Knoxville and I-80 can’t even get 60 for there shows even when a competing series is off. Not very many late models in that part of the country and the ones you do have are either IMCA or Malvern Bank. You might (a very big might) have gotten a few Malvern bank cars if they weren’t running.

husker I know probably 5 that would have been there if no race in KC

There is a reason Knoxville and I-80 don't get as many cars and that is because those tracks are bigger tracks that require more horsepower . Boone is more a drivers track and is easier on engines than Knoxville and I-80. Less well funded teams realize they have a better chance at 30 grand by running Boone than say Knoxville paying 30 grand or more. I think you all will be surprised at the number of SLM showing up at Boone.

There is a reason Knoxville and I-80 don't get as many cars and that is because those tracks are bigger tracks that require more horsepower . Boone is more a drivers track and is easier on engines than Knoxville and I-80. Less well funded teams realize they have a better chance at 30 grand by running Boone than say Knoxville paying 30 grand or more. I think you all will be surprised at the number of SLM showing up at Boone.
    Any local or regional car pulling into a Lucas or woo show doesn’t have a realistic chance at 30k at least in this part of the country. You’d be surprised how many of those teams aren’t even worried about winners purse or even what the top 5 pay.

I will agree with you on Knoxville. No one can deny the reason the car count has dropped is because the lack local and regional guys coming to the race. I won’t agree with you on I-80, it can tacky, have some character..... but it’s far from a motor eater.

Name 10 guys not mentioned that’ll be at Boone.

10 guys not on the woo tour....

There's 10 guys on tour. 11 if you add Blake Spencer but I think he may have dropped off. Then there's Pierce, Simpson, Babb, Junghans, Moyer. That's 15. Where is the other 45 coming from? It would be dumb for Overton and Wells to drive all the way out there to race for $30k when they can go up the road for $12k at one stop and $15k at the other.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 04-27-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events