Default Super Late Model is just like politics.

If but it will never happen but think if all Lucas Oil and WOO cars could run for both championships. A Wednesday or Thursday WOO show with a Friday and Saturday Lucas Oil show close by. The next week a Lucas Oil show on Wednesday or Thursday followed by a Friday and Saturday WOO show. Everyone including us the spectators win on this deal. For instance The USA Nationals in Cedar Lake or The Silver Dollar Nationals on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. The previous Friday, Saturday or Saturday, Sunday at Lucas Oil Speedway or Jackson Motorplex? Anything close to each other and not scheduling on top of each other. It will not ever happen but boy it would be fun.

No provisionals, race to get in. Top 20 in points get $500 minimum. $12,000 to win, $1000 to start every show. You would have the Overtons of the worlds, Marlar, at all these events. I don’t think anyone would bat a eye if it was $40 to get in and all your top drivers were at the track?

Here is a thought drop lucas oil and woo sanction and become one big traveling series then everyone wins jmo but that’s what i wanna see should have been done a long time ago

Perfect I don’t care what they call it.

Track would be worn out
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Would the fans have money in that area to go that many nights in a row? Plus if it was 6 hours away from me not sure I would go then I would be stuck with nothing to watch that weekend. That's why it's good for both series esp when it's in different areas.

Lucas and WOO cooperating? When pigs fly.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Would the fans have money in that area to go that many nights in a row? Plus if it was 6 hours away from me not sure I would go then I would be stuck with nothing to watch that weekend. That's why it's good for both series esp when it's in different areas.
    Great post 👍. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    It was way closer to happening than anybody realizes a few years ago. They couldn’t work out provisionals, then the one track that would have been part of it was sold, and the divide grew larger again.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You'd have 1 sanctioning body and there fee's to track promotors would jump 5k. Then someone else would jump in and start a new series. Think back, how many are no longer around, NDRA was suppose to be the greatest thing that ever happened to dirt racing. How long did that one last ? Hav-A-Tampa and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You'd have 1 sanctioning body and there fee's to track promotors would jump 5k. Then someone else would jump in and start a new series. Think back, how many are no longer around, NDRA was suppose to be the greatest thing that ever happened to dirt racing. How long did that one last ? Hav-A-Tampa and on and on.
    Dirtcrazy speaks the truth. What would happen if Lucas dropped their sponsorship like they did on the off-road series? Either a new sponsor sign on or would somebody new would start a new LM series. As long as the fans keep coming and a track can make a profit there will be multiple series.

One of them or both will fold eventaully and something new will take its place. The only constant is change.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    They stay off each other for the most part when they have big shows. Lucas moved dates to accommodate the WoO Bristol show.

April 30th will be the first conflicting date.... what more do people want.

The way it is now is fine. It gives more drivers a chance to earn some decent money.

The current landscape works. There are 10-15 regulars following both series. Running a single 20-25 driver series wouldn't work IMO. It would work fine in areas that don't have alot of SLM's to fill the fields, but what about areas that do? You could potentially have the lower tier regulars not making the show, that happens enough and they drop off the single tour. In the end you could be left with 1 series that has 15 regulars. #backfire

Thumbs down

Consolidation = Short term gain, long term loss. 1 Monster series would be a horrible idea, first it consolidates too much power in too few hands. Personally I'd rather see both National tours dissolve or become more regional, decentralized. There was a time after the NDRA but before HAT, when there was no National tour and we had weekly supers and independent super events and it was good over all instead of just for a few.

Maybe do something like the Winston Cup/Busch Series (whatever it’s called these days). Not sure how that would all work but would keep some money coming in for larger number of drivers if the Busch LM series paid $5,000 instead of $10,000

no Have lucas and WoO in different areas but have local tracks offer 2k to win offer 5k to win and do it weekly

the more chances these guys have to race and make something means good things for us to watch

WoO as a northern series and Lucas as a southern series running on alternate weekends would absolutely be the best way to do things. One could conceivably run all of both series, but I doubt more than one or two drivers would actually do it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    WoO as a northern series and Lucas as a southern series running on alternate weekends would absolutely be the best way to do things. One could conceivably run all of both series, but I doubt more than one or two drivers would actually do it.
    You'd never get tracks to go for that let alone the drivers and series. You'd have northern tracks that would want Lucas races and southern tracks wanting WoO races.