Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Props to the tech man

Thumbs down

We'll have to agree to disagree. A rule on the length of the shock rod is stupid. Hate 602's anyway. Whats bad is if you measured every shock manufactured tha's labeled 7" inch stroke for racing you'd find most are not and most are different. I use to Work for Carrera Racing shocks, we had a 61 series shock that we sold as 7 inch stroke but in reality it was more like 6-5/8. AFCO sold a similar shock labeled as 7 inch stroke that if memory serves was more like 7-1/8. PRO was the same as we were as both were built with internals sourced from Gabriel where as AFCO was built using Monroe. QA1 got there stuff from China and was different as well. Whatever.
    Last edited by LeafMaster41; 04-26-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Do you get paid to pump each of their videos?

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. A rule on the length of the shock rod is stupid. Hate 602's anyway. Whats bad is if you measured every shock manufactured tha's labeled 7" inch stroke for racing you'd find most are not and most are different. I use to Work for Carrera Racing shocks, we had a 61 series shock that we sold as 7 inch stroke but in reality it was more like 6-5/8. AFCO sold a similar shock labeled as 7 inch stroke that if memory serves was more like 7-1/8. PRO was the same as we were as both were built with internals sourced from Gabriel where as AFCO was built using Monroe. QA1 got there stuff from China and was different as well. Whatever.
    I agree their is no advantage to be had their. And 7" is just a general gaging measurement. I'm all for enforcing the rules but that is probably one of those rules that kinda misses the point a little. I'd be interested to read how is actually worded does any body know the sanction body they were running with

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I agree their is no advantage to be had their. And 7" is just a general gaging measurement. I'm all for enforcing the rules but that is probably one of those rules that kinda misses the point a little. I'd be interested to read how is actually worded does any body know the sanction body they were running with
    I could not care less about HTF, but yes, that rule is pointless.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    I doubt he’s intelligent enough for that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    Do you have any 76 video I can pump? I like anything Brandon Overton👍

Jonathan gets pretty annoying after awhile.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I found the failing tech part interesting

Jesse was the one that annoyed me. He's not as bad as he used to be but still gets on my nerves from time-to-time. I miss their older videos when everyone was in Dirt Daddy's shop working on all the cars. Hardly see the others that used to help. Three man show now which I get. They doing what they feel will give them the most success.

Back to topic though. I say kudos to the tech man on his decision. Weather or not the infraction gives them a benefit, you have to draw the line still and make a decision. Don't think they did it on purpose either.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Jesse was the one that annoyed me. He's not as bad as he used to be but still gets on my nerves from time-to-time. I miss their older videos when everyone was in Dirt Daddy's shop working on all the cars. Hardly see the others that used to help. Three man show now which I get. They doing what they feel will give them the most success.

Back to topic though. I say kudos to the tech man on his decision. Weather or not the infraction gives them a benefit, you have to draw the line still and make a decision. Don't think they did it on purpose either.
    It's good he held the line. It's a shame he was given a useless line to hold.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I found the failing tech part interesting
    Why? You don’t even have a clue what the rule book says...

I may not know a lot but I know more than you do 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I may not know a lot but I know more than you do 
    You know the least amount on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    You know the least amount on this board.
    Are you wanting a medal for your great knowledge ?

So here's what gets me the way the shock rule reads
    "Front 7” shock must collapse and extend 7”. 9” rear shock must collapse and extend 9”.
    In that rule it doesn't give a measurement point for that 7" or 9" of travel.
    Also the track doesn't even have scales. That already questions much of the enforcement of the track.

Great point. No scales is very odd.

The point of that text is to eliminate internal bumps. But, it just means you fail people like they did HTF, for no reason. They need to push and pull them in a spring smasher. If load spikes and displacement doesn't move much, no bump inside.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think they just didn't have scales that night.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's good he held the line. It's a shame he was given a useless line to hold.
    That was my point. What would they do about older Rayburn cars that ran 6" shocks up front??? This everybody exactly the same $h!t is way outta hand and like it or not is the mindset of the current generation.