SPRING CITY, TN – Karl Tipton of Gilbert, AZ, with family ties to East Tennessee, made the trip to Mountain View Raceway on Sunday afternoon, stepped into a brand new dirt late model for the first time in ten years, and drove it to victory in the 25-lap Late Model Feature Race. Tipton, who also set fast time in the Vision Wheel/Discount Tire CVR and led all 25 laps in the race.

“It’s a brand new car, and that was the first race on it,” car builder Chip Vineyard said. “Karl was one of the top late model racers in Arizona, and Sunday was the first time he had been back in a race car in over ten years. He has been spending time close to family in Tennessee during the COVID period and working via the Internet.”

Tipton said he relocated to East Tennessee from Arizona after the COVID hit to stay with his son and daughter that are going to college in Knoxville and work remotely from home. After being retired from racing for a while, he grew fond of the brand of racing this area has to offer.

“I’ve been with Discount Tire based in Phoenix, AZ for 28 years, and when the COVID hit, they told us to work from home,” Tipton said. “My wife and I have two kids in college here in East Tennessee, our daughter is at UT and my son is at Pellissippi State, so I asked the company if I could work from my other home, and they said yes. My wife and I came up here, and I started going to the races again. I really enjoyed being around the racing people here. The next thing you know, I ended up at CVR Race Cars, bought a new car, and here I am.”

The defending Mountain View Raceway Late Model Champion Barry Goodman of Spring City, TN won a late race battle with Josh Walker of Ringgold, GA to take the second spot in the Charlie’s Used Auto Parts CVR. After swapping the second spot several times with Goodman, Walker had to settle for third in the Walker Racing Special.

Ruben Mayfield of Lenoir City, TN finished fourth in the RM Trucking Stinger, and Christopher Peak of Evensville, TN took the fifth spot in the BS Welding Mastersbilt. Steven Steale of Pleasant View, TN was sixth in the AAA Insulation TNT.

Robert Stanton of Russell Springs, KY drove the Stanton Racing Rocket to a seventh-place finish. Harley Manginess of Dayton, TN finished eighth in the Manginess Racing Mastersbilt, and Kelvin White of Madisonville, TN was ninth in the White Racing Special.

In an event that was postponed on Saturday night due to rain, there were nine other Feature Races in eight other divisions that were contested under the bright sunshine of Sunday afternoon with 129 cars in the pit area. Addison Cardwell of Knoxville, TN drove the Shorty’s Motorsports PPM to his third straight 20-lap Sportsman win.

Bradley Goodman of Spring City, TN won the 15-lap Beginner Sportsman Feature Race in the Goody’s Power Sweeping Rocket, and the 20-lap Open-Wheel Modified Feature Race was won by Ricky Tinch of Deer Lodge, TN in the Tinch Racing Special. Johnny Hughes of Graysville, TN won the 15-lap B-Hobby Feature Race in the Hughes Farms Monte Carlo, and Spencer Walton of Crossville, TN won the 15-lap Thunder main event in the Kennedy Siding Monte Carlo.

Dustin Dunkin of Chattanooga, TN drove the Duncan Racing Chevrolet to victory in the first of two 15-lap Front-Wheel-Drive feature races and Jacob Sharp of Crossville, TN won the second race in the Sharp Race Cars Chevrolet. David Dunlap of Oliver Springs, TN took the win the in the 15-lap Dwarf Car main event in the C&D Tires Special, and Austin Lankford of Decatur, TN was the winner in the 15-lap 4-Cylinder feature in the Lankford Racing Special.

Mountain View Raceway will return to action this Saturday night with a Regular Weekly Points Race featuring the Late Model, Sportsman, Beginner Sportsman, Open-Wheel Modified, B-Hobby, Thunder, Front-Wheel-Drive, and Dwarf Divisions in action.

The Pit Gate opens at 3 p.m., and the Grandstand Gate opens at 4 p.m. Pre-Race Technical Inspection will be from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and the Drivers Meeting is set for 5:45 p.m., with Racing scheduled for 6 p.m.

Pit Passes are $25 for Adults, $15 for Children 6-12, and Children 5 and under are admitted Free. General Admission and Tier Parking ticket prices are $10 for Adults, $5 for Children 6-12, and Children 5 and under are admitted Free.

Mountain View Raceway where you can get “Your Thrill By The Hill” is located at 20626 Rhea County Highway (U.S. Highway 27), Spring City, TN 37381. For more information, call 423-507-2619 or visit the track website at www.mountainviewraceway.com. You can also like the Mountain View Raceway Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mountainviewraceway.

OFFICIAL RESULTS AT MOUNTAIN VIEW RACEWAY IN SPRING CITY, TN ON 4/25/21:

LATE MODELS – 25 Laps: 1. Karl Tipton, Gilbert, AZ; 2. Barry Goodman, Spring City, TN; 3. Josh Walker, Ringgold, GA; 4. Ruben Mayfield, Lenoir City, TN; 5. Christopher Peak, Evensville, TN; 6. Steven Steale, Pleasant View, TN; 7. Robert Stanton, Russell Springs, KY; 8. Harley Manginess, Dayton, TN; 9. Kelvin White, Madisonville, TN.

SPORTSMAN – 20 Laps: 1. Addison Cardwell, Knoxville, TN; 2. Joe Bray, New Tazewell, TN; 3. David Doss, Cleveland, TN; 4. Adam Burchfield, Oneida, TN; 5. Bradley Douglas, Dayton, TN; 6. Sam Oakley, Knoxville, TN; 7. Joey Bishop, Spring City, TN; 8. Zach Crager, Decatur, TN; 9. Tyler Dennis, Dayton, TN; 10. Tyler Nichols, Ringgold, GA; 11. Hayden Cardwell, Knoxville, TN; 12. Cory Bettis, Delano, TN; 13. Jeremy Hicks, Cleveland, TN; 14. Billy Branch, Knoxville, TN; 15. Nick Kyle, Decatur, TN; 16. Timothy Bounds, Knoxville, TN; 17. Taylor West, Winfield, TN DNS; 18. Mike Bishop, Decatur, TN DQ; 19. David Singleton, Lenoir, City, TN DQ.

BEGINNER SPORTSMAN – 15 Laps: 1. Bradley Goodman, Spring City, TN; 2. Chris McKinney, Kingston, TN; 3. Mike Levi, Cleveland, TN; 4. Seth Jolley, Spring City, TN; 5. David Peak, Evensville, TN; 6. Adam Bishop, Riceville, TN; 7. Tyler Jolley, Spring City, TN; 8. Tyler Loden, Spring City, TN; 9. Jeremy Thurman, Rockwood, TN; 10. Larry Samuelson, Evensville, TN; 11. Christian James, Soddy Daisy, TN; 12. Chris Standridge, Maryville, TN; 13. Troy Croft, Madisonville, TN DNS; 14. Taylor West, Winfield, TN DNS.

OPEN-WHEEL MODIFIED – 20 Laps: 1. Ricky Tinch, Deer Lodge, TN; 2. Chris Cook, Clarksville, TN; 3. Kenny Shaw, Concord, TN; 4. Michael Asbury, Crossville, TN; 5. Travis Sietsema, Crossville, TN; 6. Billy Palmer, Knoxville, TN; 7. Sarah Patrick, Albany, KY; 8. Tim Patrick, Albany, KY; 9. Clayton Turner, Crossville, TN; 10. Walter Walsh, Clinton, TN; 11. David Lester, Rockwood, TN; 12. Joe Freels, Coalfield, TN.

B-HOBBY – 15 Laps: 1. Johnny Hughes, Graysville, TN; 2. Jim Gilbert, Rossville, GA; 3. Hunter Jenkins, Sweetwater, TN; 4. Scott Proffitt, Crossville, TN; 5. Lynn Moffett, Niota, TN; 6. Dale Brummell, Helenwood, TN; 7. Kevin Sexton, Huntsville, TN; 8. John Simms, Wartburg, TN; 9. Lamar Hughes, Soddy Daisy, TN; 10. Johnathon Jenkins, Sweetwater, TN DNS; 11. Kenneth Daniels, Spring City, TN DNS.

THUNDER – 15 Laps: 1. Spencer Walton, Crossville, TN; 2. Cody Satterfield, Knoxville, TN; 3. Scott Smith, Soddy Daisy, TN; 4. Eric Honeycutt, Rockwood, TN; 5. Clayton Forsyth, Crossville, TN; 6. Chris Williams, Soddy Daisy, TN; 7. Adrian Smith, Albany, KY; 8. T.J. Smith, Albany, KY; 9. Dalton Russell, Harriman, TN; 10. Colby Yarger, Spring City, TN; 11. Bobby Davenport, Crossville, TN; 12. Chase Hoffman, Dayton, TN.

FRONT-WHEEL-DRIVE Feature 1 – 15 Laps: 1. Dustin Dunkin, Chattanooga, TN; 2. Nick Adams, Crossville, TN; 3. Billy Long, Niota, TN; 4. Josh Davis, Lenoir, City, TN; 5. Daniel Hunt, Tellico Plains, TN; 6. Amy Williams, Sevierville, TN; 7. Jason Crowder, Loudon, TN; 8. Shaun Massey, Athens, TN; 9. Michael Fletcher, Greenville, KY; 10. Marcus Smith, Spring City, TN; 11. Josh Scealf, Decatur, TN; 12. Clayton Miller, Madisonville, TN; 13. Tater Ginn, Tellico Plains, TN; 14. Darren Anderson, Oliver Spring, TN; 15. William Beddingfield, Spring City, TN; 16. Jack Gresham, Decatur, TN DNS; 17. Bo Missals, Decatur, TN DNS; 18. Kelly Warfield, Athens, TN. Feature 2 – 15 Laps: 1. Jacob Sharp, Crossville, TN; 2. Nathan Adams, Crossville, TN; 3. Cody Rector, Crossville, TN; 4. Tyler Walton, Crossville, TN; 5. Michael Jones, Crossville, TN; 6. Jake Pressley, Sweetwater, TN; 7. Nate Ingham, Athens, TN; 8. Fisher Swanson, Tellico Plains, TN; 9. Johnathaon Evens, Sweetwater, TN; 10. Zack Ricker, Niota, TN; 11. Dakota Leffew, Decatur, TN; 12. Samuel King, Decatur, TN; 13. Matthew Lemarr, Tellico Plains, TN; 14. Lilly Qualls, Cleveland, TN; 15. Chase Suit, Sevierville, TN; 16. Krystin Webb, Spring City; 17. Guy Ingham, Athens, TN; 18. Lucas Leffew, Decatur, TN DNS.

DWARF – 15 Laps: 1. David Dunlap, Oliver Springs, TN; 2. Randy Bailey, Soddy Daisy, TN; 3. Jimmy Delaney, Cookeville, TN; 4. Royal Brannon, Jamestown, TN; 5. Hunter Rich, Jamestown, TN; 6. Chris Payne, Sparta, TN; 7. Jason Qualls, Sparta, TN DNS; 8. Selena Burge, Lancing, TN DNS.

4-CYLINDER – 15 Laps: 1. Austin Lankford, Decatur, TN; 2. Tommy Cameron, Newport, TN; 3. Walter Walsh, Claxton, TN; 4. Jimmy Lankford, Decatur, TN; 5. Jeremy Davis, Madisonville, TN; 6. Damien Holt, Newport, TN; 7. Scott Davis, Englewood, TN DNS; 8. James Bridenbaker, Wartburg, TN DNS.