Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fans fund for Cedar Lake

Has anybody heard if their having it? If it was already posted I missed it Sorry.

I found out that " YES " there will be a FansFund!!!

Roger that, Sr Plunks... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I found out that " YES " there will be a FansFund!!!
    Awesome. I cannot wait to hand my hard earned money over to some millionaires that do not need it. Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Awesome. I cannot wait to hand my hard earned money over to some millionaires that do not need it. Where do I sign up?
    Do you go out of your way to sound this confused?? Lol, I sure hope so... 😁

The national series schedules have filled in on both sides of the USA Nationals weekend as Lucas has grown. 2 weeks prior is the Silver Dollar Nationals and WoO Prairie Dirt Classic. The 3 weeks after is the North/South, Topless 100 and 3-day Port Royal Show. Some Lucas regulars use the PDC and USA Nationals to take a break from the road. Because of the PDC's location they can draw SLM's 10x easier than Cedar Lake can. Cedar Lake needs the Fans Fund to not only draw some top tier drivers to come to the USA Nationals but also some drivers who would never get to make the event without the financial help the Fans Fund provides.

Because of the above reasoning if it weren't for the Fans Fund the USA Nationals would have 10-12 less cars every year.

The guy that runs the fans fund does a great job. I think the focus should be on non-Lucas regulars/regional teams for the reasons that Tireguy mentions. There's a lot of young up and comers (especially in the south) that would be fun to see at CLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    The national series schedules have filled in on both sides of the USA Nationals weekend as Lucas has grown. 2 weeks prior is the Silver Dollar Nationals and WoO Prairie Dirt Classic. The 3 weeks after is the North/South, Topless 100 and 3-day Port Royal Show. Some Lucas regulars use the PDC and USA Nationals to take a break from the road. Because of the PDC's location they can draw SLM's 10x easier than Cedar Lake can. Cedar Lake needs the Fans Fund to not only draw some top tier drivers to come to the USA Nationals but also some drivers who would never get to make the event without the financial help the Fans Fund provides.

Because of the above reasoning if it weren't for the Fans Fund the USA Nationals would have 10-12 less cars every year.
    So its ok for the promoter to suck at his job as long as a bunch of fans chip in some extra cash.

If I could just make $10 more an hour I could afford a new Mercedes. I need a FansFund too!

I thought it was optional if you wanted to contribute to the Fans Fund. Reading white boys comments, it sounds like we're being forced to contribute. PISSES ME OFF TOO.

Hey, I got a fans fund, let me know how many want to donate. Cash preferred, stupid people only need apply.

I don’t think anyone’s stopping anyone from starting their own fans fund. Go ahead and start one up for that Mercedes and see how it goes. Not sure why you want a Mercedes of all cars but to each their own I guess

They should call it the Jason Feger fund. He always gets in on it, that's the reason I stopped donating, you should only be able to receive it every 3rd year max.

So its ok for the promoter to suck at his job as long as a bunch of fans chip in some extra cash.

If I could just make $10 more an hour I could afford a new Mercedes. I need a FansFund too!
    The race pays $50,000-to-win and $3,000 to start, as well was a $6,000-to-win show on Thursday. The pay is there, its the location (Not lack of pay or promoting) that creates the uphill battle for the track. There are also decent paying regional races most weekends which also keep people from driving to WI. For example there are $10k Iron Man shows in KY and IN, and a $30k Dirtcar race at Merritt that keep some IL/IN cars from traveling to WI.

The stands and campground are full, with the Fansfund they get 45-50 cars usually.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    They should call it the Jason Feger fund. He always gets in on it, that's the reason I stopped donating, you should only be able to receive it every 3rd year max.
    😥😫😫😫😢so you think they should omit someone because he has more fans than the next guy? That makes sense.

Is it co sanctioned with MARS because on the DoD schedule it says the night before the WoO race is $6k and the MARS race is $5k.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Don’t do it. The maintenance is a pain in the a$$.

Ok, so how much money does a driver get from this fans fund.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Hey, I got a fans fund, let me know how many want to donate. Cash preferred, stupid people only need apply.
    ^^^^^

Probably not very much. 🤣

I'm just happy for people who "think outside the box" to draw people to a big awesome event where people are happy and positive. Now that the southern border is "open" I hope the northern border opens so the Canadians can be back at Cedar Lake again, eh ? The Canadians are a hoot !

I think it is distributed as to how they run in the Fan Funds heat. Winner might get like $1500 - $2000 and goes down throughout the field. Everyone gets a minimum of maybe $900 - $1000. They usually have a mix of returning drivers and new drivers.Overall, I think its a great idea and helps lots of drivers. I do struggle a bit when the drivers have owners who pay for everything, but than again -- it it up to a fan to choose a driver or not. If you like someone contribute.