Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is really sad, when "dirt late model fans" are upset about something that helps dirt late model drivers and race teams.

Pretty much par for the course, for those that are not happy unless they are bi+ching and moaning 24-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    so you think they should omit someone because he has more fans than the next guy? That makes sense.
    How many years straight has he received it? He can tow a merchandise trailer there every year also so does he really need it. You should only qualify if you were not there the year before . Might as well make Jimmy Mars and Pat Doar eligible too then.

Myself. I don't get it for what this race pays. It has a decent purse, so there must be other factors involved that they can't draw the cars.

I remember , probably back in the early 2000s I emailed Ray Cook wondering if he was going to be attending the masters or nationals that year. His response was very polite and professional but during his last appearance there he was not paid. He told me he would never go back. It was different owners at that time but it made me wonder how many others were screwed or was his due to a specific situation I do not know. It could be completely unrelated to car counts but who really knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    How many years straight has he received it? He can tow a merchandise trailer there every year also so does he really need it. You should only qualify if you were not there the year before . Might as well make Jimmy Mars and Pat Doar eligible too then.
    Exactly! Everyone should be eligible. The race pays back thru the field great. Everyone pays the same price for gas to get there. Hotel rooms cost the same ect.

Lets be honest with ourselves. Does a guy like Feger (a good regional racer at best) really have a shot at winning a race like that?

Its a long drive from Batesville to Lernerville too but you dont see a Fansfund for the Firecracker! I wonder what the 'founder' makes off it every year.

How does everyone pay the same price for gas and hotels? There's no national set price state to state.

There's no Fansfund for Lernerville because no has put one together. But I don't believe one is needed since they are able to pull a good car count.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I don't see a problem with it, not sure what everyone else is seeing...

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I think only one person here has a problem with it and they act like they are forced to donate money to it.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    The only problem I have with it is when 1driver gets it every year. He would be there no matter what, like I mentioned earlier if you showed up at the race 1 year you should not be able to receive it the next year. That way you could get more different drivers interested into coming to the race in following years and then that would make the field bigger.

What most of you don’t realize that don’t follow the Fans Fund deal is ALOT of drivers deny the Fans Fund money. A bunch of regional drivers from across the country commit to the possibility of coming, they are on the ballot to vote for, get voted in, then push comes to shove and they say “sorry can’t come for “X” reason. Believe me…..the group has tried hard to get as many new drivers as they can every year. They do have a separate poll for drivers who have been part of the FF before and that is how Feger gets selected.

Without the Fans Fund the car count would be very disappointing most years

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I think only one person here has a problem with it and they act like they are forced to donate money to it.
    That 1 person could donate $$ to the driver of his or her choice, but obviously is to much of a tightwad to pony up. That's ok. Just don't be the fool and criticize the system just because it doesn't fit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It is really sad, when "dirt late model fans" are upset about something that helps dirt late model drivers and race teams.

Pretty much par for the course, for those that are not happy unless they are bi+ching and moaning 24-7.
    Agree 100%

It doesn’t draw cars well without it because of the location. I’m glad they do it, he!!, I’m all for other places doing it. AND IT IS VOLUNTARY, NO ONE FORCES YOU TO DONATE.

Like tittie bars, really, yeah long as it ain’t next to a school or a residential neighborhood who gives a sh!t. Don’t like it, don’t go.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.