Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lanigan off the WoO Tour?

Looks like he’s taken them off his schedule.

Hard to follow the series if he doesn't have the equipment or sponsorship available.....hopefully he can regroup and hit some of the bigger shows later in the season.

The way its looking WOO will be lucky to have 5 full time drivers by end of season.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

I don't think sponsorship is a need for Lanigan. Crew and equipment likely is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Wrg slm program looking like a house of cards these days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Last one out turn the lights off.

The WoO uses late models like playtime compared to the sprint car series. Makes sense for them since the sprint car series seems to be a bigger deal, it's just kinda disappointing for lm fans.

Ladies and gentlemen you wanted the best you got Brandon Shepherd, Chris Madden, and whoever else showed up. It’s the World of Outlaws late model racing series.

Darrell currently has no cars or crew. Kinda hard to run any tour in that situation.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I mean as of now the following drivers have made all features according to each series's respective sites.

WoO
    Brandon Sheppard
    Chris Madden (Missed 2 events but 2nd in points and now committed)
    Kyle Strickler
    Tyler Bruening
    Ricky Weiss
    Dennis Erb Jr
    Darllell Lanigan (Not anymore)
    Cade Dillard
    Boom Briggs

LOLMDS
    Tim McCreadie
    Hudson O'Neal
    Brandon Sheppard (Not Committed)
    Devin Moran
    Kyle Bronson
    Josh Richards
    Shane Clanton (Missed 1)
    Jonathan Davenport (No sure if staying or not)
    Mike Marlar
    Jimmy Owens
    Earl Pearson Jr.

You take Lanigan and Davenport out 9 (LOLMDS) vs 8 (WoO). Removed B. Shep from Lucas of course. Okay, still looks pretty even to me. I'll take Shep and Madden against any of those 8 in Lucas any day of the week.

IF Marlar and Ownes upped their game then I would lean more towards Lucas. I will say top to bottom Lucas is a hair better but Strickler, Erb Jr., and Weiss can show flashes any night.

I'd still take Overton and Davenport over most of both series on any given night as well.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 04-28-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Josh Bayco

On Lanigan’s website he has Florence listed for this Saturday’s Latham Memorial (Lucas Oil).
    Any idea as to who’s car he will be in? Maybe one of his old Club29 cars?
    Thanks in advance.

Also doesn’t look like Moran is running for Lucas points either. But that could change obviously, he’s for mostly regional events with some national ones close to the house.

Not sure, but this past weekend he was in Boom Briggs’ backup. Perhaps he put something together for himself this week, but I’d say it’s likely he found a one off for this race.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Its he!! getting old and slow...

He is a multi millionaire, he can afford new cars and everything else.

Just say no...

"I mean as of now the following drivers have made all features according to each series's respective sites.

WoO
    Brandon Sheppard
    Chris Madden (Missed 2 events but 2nd in points and now committed)
    Kyle Strickler
    Tyler Bruening
    Ricky Weiss
    Dennis Erb Jr
    Darllell Lanigan (Not anymore)
    Cade Dillard
    Boom Briggs

LOLMDS
    Tim McCreadie
    Hudson O'Neal
    Brandon Sheppard (Not Committed)
    Devin Moran
    Kyle Bronson
    Josh Richards
    Shane Clanton (Missed 1)
    Jonathan Davenport (No sure if staying or not)
    Mike Marlar
    Jimmy Owens
    Earl Pearson Jr.

You take Lanigan and Davenport out 9 (LOLMDS) vs 8 (WoO). Removed B. Shep from Lucas of course. Okay, still looks pretty even to me. I'll take Shep and Madden against any of those 8 in Lucas any day of the week.

IF Marlar and Ownes upped their game then I would lean more towards Lucas. I will say top to bottom Lucas is a hair better but Strickler, Erb Jr., and Weiss can show flashes any night.

I'd still take Overton and Davenport over most of both series on any given night as well."

I agree 100%. I never understood the distain on this board against the World of Outlaws Late Model series. The sport needs two National Series....it lets 20 to 25 drivers and teams, earn a living racing. I enjoy both series and never miss an opportunity to see each series when they come to my area at Williams Grove, Selinsgrove, Hagerstown and Port Royal. For the last few years, I have driven 5 hours to Lernerville for the Firecracker 100. Although this board likes to think the talent level on the WOOLMS is JV, I beg to differ.

Who is she again?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "I mean as of now the following drivers have made all features according to each series's respective sites.WoOBrandon SheppardChris Madden (Missed 2 events but 2nd in points and now committed)Kyle StricklerTyler BrueningRicky WeissDennis Erb JrDarllell Lanigan (Not anymore)Cade DillardBoom BriggsLOLMDSTim McCreadieHudson O'NealBrandon Sheppard (Not Committed)Devin MoranKyle BronsonJosh RichardsShane Clanton (Missed 1)Jonathan Davenport (No sure if staying or not)Mike MarlarJimmy OwensEarl Pearson Jr.You take Lanigan and Davenport out 9 (LOLMDS) vs 8 (WoO). Removed B. Shep from Lucas of course. Okay, still looks pretty even to me. I'll take Shep and Madden against any of those 8 in Lucas any day of the week.IF Marlar and Ownes upped their game then I would lean more towards Lucas. I will say top to bottom Lucas is a hair better but Strickler, Erb Jr., and Weiss can show flashes any night.I'd still take Overton and Davenport over most of both series on any given night as well."I agree 100%. I never understood the distain on this board against the World of Outlaws Late Model series. The sport needs two National Series....it lets 20 to 25 drivers and teams, earn a living racing. I enjoy both series and never miss an opportunity to see each series when they come to my area at Williams Grove, Selinsgrove, Hagerstown and Port Royal. For the last few years, I have driven 5 hours to Lernerville for the Firecracker 100. Although this board likes to think the talent level on the WOOLMS is JV, I beg to differ.
    I agree that there needs to be 2 national tours, but I disagree at the quality part. Seems to me like the Lucas series clearly has more national tour quality on it, top to bottom.

Agree with action10. Definitely needs to be two tours. However the Lucas tour from top to bottom has the better overall quality. Sheppard and Madden are as good as anyone on Lucas, but after that, the talent level drops off significantly. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just what it is. Sheppards having a down year and still only two other WoO drivers have feature wins on the tour. Lucas drivers have taken the majority of WoO events this season.

A non WoO regular has won the last 6 WoO races
    2021 race count
    6 events

I'm trying to determine why ANY national series are needed. I remember when things were just fine without one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1