Default 650cfm alky carb

anyone do a 650 cfm alky carb to get these 604's out of the corner??

When I bought my carb from KB a few years ago for my 604, he recommended a 650 for it. I've never once felt out motored with it, either out of the corner or down the straights. I'd say do it.

per Brad Hibbard on Crate Tech page
    650 cfm for gas
    750 cfm for e-85 or alky.

but, I would say you would be fine on a 650cfm for alky on 604. They are not a big power engine that is going to turn high sustained RPM's. The 650 will definitely liven up the throttle response and low end pull. But Alcohol will do that all by itself as well.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Jdr performance built me a GAS carb that got me out of the corner and drove better than my Jdr Alky carb in 2015... His Alky carbs were the best at the time, having compared them to willys house carbs, trc and a bunch of others that two IMCA national champions I helped were able to get their hands on.

I actually did r and d on two gas carbs in 2015, he will know which one I said was better it had more response, the other had 5 more rwhp but wasnt as responsive.

I switched to a 12 gallon cell and was using 3.5-4.5 gallons a whole race night in a imca modified w 604 including hot laps heat feature.. the burn off was why I did it originally, but the throttle response and driveability was a huge surprise.

On the way to the track one day a buddy wanted to stop at the chassis dyno we used and compare my gas to his alky. So I let him unload my car and dyno it, we actually did 2 alky mods and my gas mod all 604. Mine was within 3hp to rear wheels of the better alky one and 3hp better than the other, we had all always tuned on this dyno so our stuff was already optimized.

I can only guess hes got something better possibly now, the issue is getting parts Im sure.

I sold about 15 of the gas carbs I was running back then, they were $1650.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Jdr performance built me a GAS carb that got me out of the corner and drove better than my Jdr Alky carb in 2015... His Alky carbs were the best at the time, having compared them to willys house carbs, trc and a bunch of others that two IMCA national champions I helped were able to get their hands on.

I actually did r and d on two gas carbs in 2015, he will know which one I said was better it had more response, the other had 5 more rwhp but wasnt as responsive.

I switched to a 12 gallon cell and was using 3.5-4.5 gallons a whole race night in a imca modified w 604 including hot laps heat feature.. the burn off was why I did it originally, but the throttle response and driveability was a huge surprise.

On the way to the track one day a buddy wanted to stop at the chassis dyno we used and compare my gas to his alky. So I let him unload my car and dyno it, we actually did 2 alky mods and my gas mod all 604. Mine was within 3hp to rear wheels of the better alky one and 3hp better than the other, we had all always tuned on this dyno so our stuff was already optimized.

I can only guess hes got something better possibly now, the issue is getting parts Im sure.

I sold about 15 of the gas carbs I was running back then, they were $1650.
    Good ideas......same ones I proposed to a team I was gonna be an owner on. Went and had a 12 gallon wedge cell custom made and the primary owner said "it wont work, nobody else is doing that"! That was one of many stupid answers he gave so now im no longer involved and will put this fuel cell in another car.

Boyd Welding in Ocala, Fla did a great job on my cell. It took about 5 weeks to get it but the quality is excellent. I gave them a design I wanted and they built it. It was a little pricey at $350 plus thats just the tank, not including the can or fill plate.