Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North Wilkesboro-Next Nascar Race On Dirt?

Could this track dormant since I think 1996 be next in line for a dirt date with Nascar in 2022?

There is some talk about this.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Marcus has made several comments on Jrs show about it!

North Wilkesboro would be cool but I want to see dirt on Martinsville

I heard it will be a permanent dirt track. Someone told me that but they may have misunderstood. I do know that the town mayor or whatever said there still hope for n Wilkesboro to open.heard this last week.

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index...sboro-speedway
    Last edited by T-MAC 39 FAN; 04-28-2021 at 09:13 PM.

I’d like to see the track open but somehow remain as original as possible. It’s in rough shape right now. I just drove by a few weeks ago.

It's NASCAR, they know how to make things look pretty.....I think the track would be the easy part, the facility and infrastructure would be the hardest.
    It's not like the place is falling down, and I feel like the bones still have to be relatively structurally sound and usable..haven't been by it in a while but I bet it still looks as good or better than many other dirt tracks I currently visit.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's NASCAR, they know how to make things look pretty.....I think the track would be the easy part, the facility and infrastructure would be the hardest.It's not like the place is falling down, and I feel like the bones still have to be relatively structurally sound and usable..haven't been by it in a while but I bet it still looks as good or better than many other dirt tracks I currently visit.
    A few years ago I would agree. Not so sure now.

If you take seriously the musings of the talking heads on the Sirius/XM NASCAR channel they have not been the least bit optimistic in regards to North Wilkesboro ever hosting a Cup race. Logistics and local infrastructure is the most prevalent reasoning used as their criteria against a Cup ever again happening there.

As a previous post stated the Smith kid has voiced some ambiguously hopeful speculation regarding some racing coming back to NW. He's in charge so he'd oughta know.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    If you take seriously the musings of the talking heads on the Sirius/XM NASCAR channel they have not been the least bit optimistic in regards to North Wilkesboro ever hosting a Cup race. Logistics and local infrastructure is the most prevalent reasoning used as their criteria against a Cup ever again happening there.

As a previous post stated the Smith kid has voiced some ambiguously hopeful speculation regarding some racing coming back to NW. He's in charge so he'd oughta know.
    He said the facilities were shot and would need to be replaced. Also said, Cup cars probly wouldnt get a race there, but the other series probly would.

Side note......Marcus gave all the credit to Dale Jr for helping the officials at Nashville see the light in re-furbishing the old fairground speedway. Its a done deal and they are making plans as we speak!

Stopped in there a few weeks ago, not impossible but highly unlikely even if they started now. Lots of tear down needed, wiring, plumbing, rebuilding multiple structures. With the shortage of construction workers and contractors booked out for months I'd say good luck lol. There isnt much seating capacity there for cup races either.
    Last edited by FlatTire; 04-28-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Side note......Marcus gave all the credit to Dale Jr for helping the officials at Nashville see the light in re-furbishing the old fairground speedway. Its a done deal and they are making plans as we speak!
    Not quite. https://www.frontstretch.com/2021/04...-commissioner/

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Stopped in there a few weeks ago, not impossible but highly unlikely even if they started now. Lots of tear down needed, wiring, plumbing, rebuilding multiple structures. With the shortage of construction workers and contractors booked out for months I'd say good luck lol. There isnt much seating capacity there for cup races either.
    I don’t think they need seating capacity now a days

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    ...There isnt much seating capacity there for cup races either.
    Why does that matter? Nobody goes to Cup races much anymore since they got, "Woke" anyway. People shouldn't support Napcar if they care about their country at all. Best course of action in my view is to claim it for dirt racing and let Nascrap go its own way, to the trash heap with the rest of pro sports. Support your local dirt track instead, focus on the roots and maybe we can build something new. JMO

Leaf got it figured out . Go woke go broke.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 04-29-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Gotta love the ufc for sticking to their sport and not jamming politics down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Gotta love the ufc for sticking to their sport and not jamming politics down our throats.
    Yeah but they are teaching folks it’s ok to beat the hell out of each other 😂👎

Some people need it, ask Jack Hewitt!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Some people need it, ask Jack Hewitt!
    Well. You got a point. 😜

More fist fights would be less deaths in the world... too many pu$$ire shooting each other

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    More fist fights would be less deaths in the world... too many pu$$ire shooting each other
    I think the same way. Old school woopin has better outcome than the 9mm