Thread: USAC midgets

Default USAC midgets

tonight is the first of two nights of the Kokomo Grand Prix. this is a USAC National midget show featuring the Kokomo sprint cars as well. $20 Ga, and $35 for a pit pass. hope to see everyone there. #GYATK

We've attended this event several times over the years that it's been in existence and it is one of the best shows of the year. Several of the USAC National Midget drivers do double duty in the wingless 410 sprint cars. Basically no support class but I reckon the sprint cars are classified as such. Just two great divisions for two nights of racing on one of the best tracks in the Midwest run by the best promoter's in the business!!

Best promoters in the business? Absolute best CIRF? Better than the folks at Port Royal, Williams Grove, Boone, Lebanon Valley, Slinger, Cedar Lake, Orange County, Attica, Oswego, Lincoln, Brownstown, Talladega Short Track, East Bay, Volusia, Nashville, Eldora, Irwindale, Magnolia, Fonda, Albany-Saratoga, I-55, I-80, Knoxville, Perris and many others? Quite the narrow view, and you have your opinions, not trashing those, but absolute best? Nope.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    (143 Tracks Attended)

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Best promoters in the business? Absolute best CIRF? Better than the folks at Port Royal, Williams Grove, Boone, Lebanon Valley, Slinger, Cedar Lake, Orange County, Attica, Oswego, Lincoln, Brownstown, Talladega Short Track, East Bay, Volusia, Nashville, Eldora, Irwindale, Magnolia, Fonda, Albany-Saratoga, I-55, I-80, Knoxville, Perris and many others? Quite the narrow view, and you have your opinions, not trashing those, but absolute best? Nope.Late Model MarkTST Announcer(143 Tracks Attended)
    Excellent point as usual 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Best promoters in the business? Absolute best CIRF? Better than the folks at Port Royal, Williams Grove, Boone, Lebanon Valley, Slinger, Cedar Lake, Orange County, Attica, Oswego, Lincoln, Brownstown, Talladega Short Track, East Bay, Volusia, Nashville, Eldora, Irwindale, Magnolia, Fonda, Albany-Saratoga, I-55, I-80, Knoxville, Perris and many others? Quite the narrow view, and you have your opinions, not trashing those, but absolute best? Nope.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    (143 Tracks Attended)
    YEP!

I'll put the O'Connor family up against ANYONE in the business and they will compare favorably. I've been to a lot of dirt racetracks and I've YET to see one run any better than Kokomo. Some are run just as good but NONE are dependably better. Fairbury is consistently considered the finest dirt late model racing facility in the country and I've been attending events at FALS since I was 9 years old and it's still my most frequent racing destination since it's less than 45 minutes from our house. Kokomo, week in, week out, hosts racing that is as good, and on some occasions better, than Fairbury.

I've attended about 1/2 of all the tracks you listed and Kokomo consistently has better racing than most of those I've attended and as good all the rest.

I stand by my statement all day long.

Have you ever attended a race at Kokomo. If not, GYATK, which stands for Get Your Ass To Kokomo. THEN let me know what ya' think.

Bucket list for sure, we have our views to be sure, just sway another way on the best promoter part when other joints in my view are above the grade, especially Port Royal with Mr. Inch involved.

LMM