Default Brake Adjuster Problem

My brake adjuster slowly turns when the car is running at a increased RPM. I cant find any reason why it would be doing this. I don't know if it is from the vibration of the car or something esle.I tried putting a set screw through the tube that the brake adjust goes through where the brake adjuster is mounted to the dash board to create drag, this seem to have helped, but it has also made it hard to turn the brake adjuster. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to look for to fix this problem or a better solution. The adjuster is on a Wilwood pedal in a XR1.

Get a Longacre adjuster. It has detents through the rotation.

Does it only rotate till the handle falls to the lowest point or does it keep spinning round after round. Make sure the cable is tight at the pedal assembly and not backing off.

It goes around and around. I think in a clock wise direction.

Is the cable down to the pedals pulled tight or does it have a nice curve to it.

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    It goes around and around. I think in a clock wise direction.
    Get rid of the knob style adjuster and get one with a handle.

I have the traditional handle. Its more straight than curve. it does have a slight bend bolting to the bolt on the brake. It does have a dog leg in it.

If it is tight enough to have any tension on it at all it can vibrate real easily (think guitar string). If it's loose enough to have a nice rounded curve it will only bounce or flop not vibrate.

If it comes close to interior, make an anchor point and use a hose clamp to add a little drag. Won't take much.