Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rigsby report with Cody Sommer

Can’t believe him and Scott haven’t killed each other with the ego they have my lord

Good Interview thou, interesting to me how he was eluding the costs in SLM racing. Somer's is trying to make it a profitable or at least stable business, and i think having a hard time. I like what he said that there are just a couple profitable Teams and the rest are rich guys spending money.

It always intrigues me how people on this board can think racing these cars is just so easy for guys like Bloomquist, yes he has many Sponsors, but how much is that helping, or covering the costs?

Plus there is no Insurance, no Retirement, no 401Ks, and you have to pay taxes, and even Capital gains. Everything you buy for racing, life, and your kids comes from racing, and racing related activities. Just how much money do you think it would take? Personally if i couldn't win a 10k to win race a month i would sink, and I'm small time.

SLM has a long way to go purse wise, but i think with the current economy its eating itself. The Car counts and people dropping out is getting accelerated.

Just say no...

Great interview with a little peek behind the curtain with Scott.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000467473209

The purses are only going to get so high unless they star doubling admission prices which a lot of fans will stop going completely. It's not the race fans fault that these guys have built $100k plus machines to go win $3k or $5k shows

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    The purses are only going to get so high unless they star doubling admission prices which a lot of fans will stop going completely. It's not the race fans fault that these guys have built $100k plus machines to go win $3k or $5k shows
    ^^^^^Truth^^^^^

^^^^^^Yes^^^^^^Exactly^^^^^

Yes....exactly!!!

Excellent interview. I didn't come away from it thinking Cody has a huge ego. He answered every question asked to him and gave some great answers and career timeline. I don't think there is any big time dirt late model owner going to talk about how much money they have spent or earned. And he is dead on with the 2 teams that are capable of making a profit racing. I also appreciate him giving his insight on promoting in todays world. Again Great interview.

You guys do realize there has never been the money out there that a team can make slm racing. Is it expensive ? Oh h*ll ya. Presently you have guys either not following a tour, or guys that are picking and choosing what race the compared t

why is it whenever i hear about big dreamers i think of doug bland?

not that i don't applaud their efforts. but has there been any real revolution in the sport since Keith Knaack built IMCA?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Wonder how long Drydene will stay on Bloomquist's car ?

Klem, every time I see anyone complaining about the tire company monopoly that currently prevails I think about Bland.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Klem, every time I see anyone complaining about the tire company monopoly that currently prevails I think about Bland.
    And sadly he was on to something.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Yep. While I totally get competition and doing whatever it takes to win, you cannot let the racers and manufacturers dictate your rules and lack there of. They will fuk it up.

Set in stone rules and guidelines that you only change because a part becomes obsolete. Not because you just aren’t going to enforce this or XYZ company gave you $50k to look past their fancy new part.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Lightbulb

Less Traction = Less Need for Big Horsepower = Less Costs: Aero has got to go.

1. Spread bore w/less than 18 degree heads = #2500 w/ 6 inch spoiler,
    18+ degree = #2300 w/8 inch.
    2. 1 shock per wheel, both in front of axle.
    3. Body/Nose at no point can be higher than 6 inches from ground.
    4. Max LR droop = 2 inches from ride height.
    5. Tires can be NO more than 2 inches tucked in or extend out past body, front and rear.
    6. Do away with the, "Rumley Rule".

Just a few possibles off the top of my head, quick & dirty. #5 is a rule they use in Australia on their Super Sedans, only its 1 inch instead of 2. The fans will scream,"NO! They must be jacked up or they arent Super!!!" Really it comes down to whether you want to save the sport or watch continue to consume itself. Small Body rules saved us in the 80's when the wedge was killing us. I don't see why a similar approach can't right the ship today from Wedge 2.0 . Personally I don't see it working out, too many are he!! bent on following Nascrap to the promised land of the, "Next Level". Now that end of the sport is so elite, what was once the road to glory for blue collar hero's is now the private domain of wealthy elite's who write the rules to make sure money gives them an edge. Just like in Government, the solution is a populous focused, decentralized simplification.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Less Traction = Less Need for Big Horsepower = Less Costs: Aero has got to go.

1. Spread bore w/less than 18 degree heads = #2500 w/ 6 inch spoiler,
    18+ degree = #2300 w/8 inch.
    2. 1 shock per wheel, both in front of axle.
    3. Body/Nose at no point can be higher than 6 inches from ground.
    4. Max LR droop = 2 inches from ride height.
    5. Tires can be NO more than 2 inches tucked in or extend out past body, front and rear.
    6. Do away with the, "Rumley Rule".

Just a few possibles off the top of my head, quick & dirty. #5 is a rule they use in Australia on their Super Sedans, only its 1 inch instead of 2. The fans will scream,"NO! They must be jacked up or they arent Super!!!" Really it comes down to whether you want to save the sport or watch continue to consume itself. Small Body rules saved us in the 80's when the wedge was killing us. I don't see why a similar approach can't right the ship today from Wedge 2.0 . Personally I don't see it working out, too many are he!! bent on following Nascrap to the promised land of the, "Next Level". Now that end of the sport is so elite, what was once the road to glory for blue collar hero's is now the private domain of wealthy elite's who write the rules to make sure money gives them an edge. Just like in Government, the solution is a populous focused, decentralized simplification.
    Great ideas but the reality is that it wont happen

What exactly is the Rumley Rule?

I did how he called Madden a quitter and called out RW for basically using Scott for information then going to build his mousetrap.

Like I said. Ego maniac. Check out his Twitter last night.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Wonder how long Drydene will stay on Bloomquist's car ?
    No clue, but I bet he has sold more merchandise with their name on it than ALL the other Drydene guys COMBINED!!

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRuss View Post
    No clue, but I bet he has sold more merchandise with their name on it than ALL the other Drydene guys COMBINED!!
    I don't think you're wrong at all, BUT I'm not buying one to wear to a race he don't show up to.