Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jimmy Owens, hero to....20

I can't remember the last time I've seen the defending champ look so bad. Last season that car was hooked up, came out of corners like a bullet and now he's back there with EPJ trading recipes. Did they just blow all their money on last seasons run or what?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I can't remember the last time I've seen the defending champ look so bad. Last season that car was hooked up, came out of corners like a bullet and now he's back there with EPJ trading recipes. Did they just blow all their money on last seasons run or what?
    I mean…. Maybe no one is giving Cody Mallory the credit he deserves

Rockets as whole are struggling. Hudson seems to be the only one with consistent speed.

Jimmy looked worse during his bwrc stint than he does now IMO

O show will be back .... shhhh.. a ghost longhorn chassis might be coming 😜

This isn’t the worst Jimmy’s looked. But like zyoung said, rockets are struggling a bit at the moment. They’ll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Rockets as whole are struggling. Hudson seems to be the only one with consistent speed.

Jimmy looked worse during his bwrc stint than he does now IMO

Horns up!!!

Just thinking back last year and how that car would accelerate and looking at it now. It doesn't even look like the same car when it's up on the bars.

When weather turns hot and the sun starts baking the tracks he will be up front.

Much of Jimmy’s success in 2020 came in the first half of the year, and most of his wins came when he started out front and ran in clean air. If he didn’t start up front, or even just got in lapped traffic, it was a totally different car. Then the latter part of the year, he went steadily downhill. This year is just a continuation of how 2020 ended.

Seems like somebody brought this up much earlier...but maybe not... Don't worry, a few of the pundits say Jimmy's fast and Jimmy will be fine... he only struggles at East Bay. Although I am unclear on when he should start worrying, since he seems to be about to fall outside the Lucas Oil tow money payout.

when he came to Florence for the spring 50 he was fast.

Talked about him earlier, didn't look all that competitive tonight

Owens will be fine. And anyone can spin that however they want. All of these guys have ups and downs. They just do.

Does he switch chassis, shocks, motors, who knows, but Jimmy is smart and he’ll get the ship righted. Rockets are behind the Longhorns right now. Rumley took on a bigger role at Longhorn last year at least for a little bit to get them back in shape. I think it was last year. Early to mid year.

So now Rockets are a little behind, but Mark is smart, and Jimmy is smart, so things will get ironed out.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I agree with CnB. I still firmly believe team rocket is testing some new twists. You don't go from being the dominant car of 2020 to where they are today. They still have the same personal from last year and I don't think they've forgotten what makes that car go around the track. Longhorn/Rumley have caught up there's no question. Why would Owens jump ship ? Last time he did that they got so far behind they were totally frustrated. They'll get it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I agree with CnB. I still firmly believe team rocket is testing some new twists. You don't go from being the dominant car of 2020 to where they are today. They still have the same personal from last year and I don't think they've forgotten what makes that car go around the track. Longhorn/Rumley have caught up there's no question. Why would Owens jump ship ? Last time he did that they got so far behind they were totally frustrated. They'll get it worked out.
    Yeah I forgot that, think you’re referring to the BWRC stint, possibly even had a Club 29 unless I’m full of it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The sport is always peaks and valleys. JD was hot garbage last year and now look at his season so far. Jimmy also has a new crew this year I believe, that will take time to gel.

Rocket cars faired pretty well at Florence last night. The slicker the tracks get the better the rocket cars will go.

Default @C&B

I do remember a disco stint. Think it was right before the Rockets, IIRC.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I believe he was in a club 29 for his 2nd place in points in 2014, and continued running them thru 2015. Went to Barry Wrights stuff in 2016.

He was pretty solid in the club car. Him, Oneal, and Blankenship all swapped the spoiler that year. He won the topless and USA nats I remember