Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil=Best LM series in the world.

70% of the top ten drivers in the country were competeing in the Lucas Oil series race tonight. Almost the entire field of a LOLMDS race is a threat to win at any given track. Most the future stars of DLM racing follow the Lucas tour. The production of the Lucas streams is top notch and they have the best announcer. The MavTV subscription is a killer deal for the price. WoO is bush league in comparison.

You’re preaching to the choir, bro. Then you have tracks like Florence that deliver thrillers almost every time. We drove nine hours back to my home track to see tonight’s show, and once again saw a race of the year candidate. Congrats, Josh Rice! Can’t wait to come back for the North/South!

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    70% of the top ten drivers in the country were competeing in the Lucas Oil series race tonight. Almost the entire field of a LOLMDS race is a threat to win at any given track. Most the future stars of DLM racing follow the Lucas tour. The production of the Lucas streams is top notch and they have the best announcer. The MavTV subscription is a killer deal for the price. WoO is bush league in comparison.
    Well said and you are right on all aspects. Turned on the WoO for the last 20 laps of their train race on the bottom and couldn't stand Rick Eshleman's cheesy one liners. Does he think he's announcing to a bunch of fifth graders. Gave Dirtvision another shot just before Bristol and will be canceling it again. No improvements since last year when I canceled then.

If Eshelman read every thread on this board his supposed assumption of 5th graders would be correct

Lucas oil tv was not impressive to me, I think dirtvision is superior with regards to production value, camera angles, and replays.

The video quality of MAVTV last night was terrible. The best thing that could have happened would have been for the zoom function to stop working. Restarts would be focused on solely the leader or the first 2 cars with no view of cars all over the track in the next few rows. There was great racing 2nd thru 6th all together early in the race, but all we saw was Davenport by himself in the whole screen

I don’t normally complain about Lucas oil tv but the camera man must have a had a few drinks before starting the job. Had me dizzy on a couple occasions.

I just wished the camera man would zoom out and give us a view of most of the track from time to time. I also wished the track audio was louder and the announcers was turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlydirtlate22 View Post
    Lucas oil tv was not impressive to me, I think dirtvision is superior with regards to production value, camera angles, and replays.
    Dirtvision was way out ahead of everybody with steaming by ten or so years.

But the reality is that the quality of a broadcast depends largely on the internet capabilities of the track. A ton of tracks are in BFE and the connectivity is iffy at best.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 05-02-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Dirtvision was way out ahead of everybody with steaming by ten or so years.

But the reality is that the quality of a broadcast depends largely on the internet capabilities of the track. A ton of tracks are in BFE and the connectivity is iffy at best.
    Both Lucas and DV use satellites now. It's kinda like DirecTV where very few places that are located directly behind a mountain (ie., Path Valley in PA) so location really has nothing to do with connectivity issues anymore.

If you can stream a race from Tyler County every track is available to be broadcast from. Video quality can occasionally suffer but that is due to dust.

LORTV’s problems are in the production truck.

I was there at Florence last night and can't comment on the quality of the live feed, but I know several people were having problems with phone service while they were there. I dont know if that has anything to do with broadcast or not. I stayed for the mod feature, and once the crowd left, phone service got better. I guess jamming that many people into a smaller area is just too much for amount of towers they have around.

We were there too, and had zero signal issues.

I find it hilarious anyone can choose either series announcer over the other. They both overexaggerate the racing to the point I mute it, Essex will scream over any little thing to the point he loses his (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) voice.....

A lil less than a year ago a certain someone who was a regular on the WoO series schooled the Lucas regulars every chance he got.

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    I find it hilarious anyone can choose either series announcer over the other. They both overexaggerate the racing to the point I mute it, Essex will scream over any little thing to the point he loses his (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) voice.....
    Truth.

I prefer DJ over any of the national tour announcers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If you like fastest 1 lap cars starting on front of everything then yep Lucas is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    If you like fastest 1 lap cars starting on front of everything then yep Lucas is great.
    This means nothing. Lucas has no redraw and look how good the feature was at Florence.

Didn't watch Florence, was at different track but yes it does mean something. You time fastest You start pole of heat, win that and pole of feature. You effectively have passed nobody at this point. Just like the down south crap of qualify and run feature. I attend races to see racing. Not fast cars stop watch or follow leader