Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default East Alabama Sold?

Rumors floating around that this track is going to be or has been sold, heard anything about this?

Late Model Mark

I've not heard anything. But I can only hope. Be nice being able to race a mile from home again.

All the tracks in Bama are being sold? 😜. “Roll Tide”

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Rumors floating around that this track is going to be or has been sold, heard anything about this?Late Model Mark
    I heard about some new race director that is supposed to make it all great and fantastic but nothing about a sale. Would be nice like punisher says. I live about 3 miles away and would love to go back.

I have read nothing but positive stuff on Facebook comments. Something had to change. Still no schedule tho.

I will believe it when i see it , may have leased it with heavy stipulations as usual , but selling it , I seriously doubt it .....

Quote Originally Posted by 4wide View Post
    I have read nothing but positive stuff on Facebook comments. Something had to change. Still no schedule tho.
    I have read the positive posts also. My buddy went a week or two ago and I believe he said there was maybe 25 cars total for 5 or 6 classes. Not hard to get done early with that car count

Buddy of mine went to Albany Saturday night, which is almost 2 hrs from eams and almost made it back in time to run the 602 feature.

Cool

I heard Nick Saban was going to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by kd1 View Post
    I heard Nick Saban was going to buy it!
    yep , going to have BLM rallies there , good a place as any......

What does BLM rallies have to do with Nick Saban?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Put a condo development there for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    What does BLM rallies have to do with Nick Saban?
    he marched with them arm in arm , thats all......

that was one of Nicks recruiting trips.....he's no dummy.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    I heard about some new race director that is supposed to make it all great and fantastic but nothing about a sale. Would be nice like punisher says. I live about 3 miles away and would love to go back.
    Didn't they do the same thing like 2 or 3 years ago and the guy had immediate success, so they took it back like 2 weeks later... I hate they've made such a mess of that place, it was always one of my favorite haunts, but they've always had a reputation for shenanigans. Seems like 1 year way back in the late 80's or early 90's they extended the National 100 beyond 100 until Bloomquist tire finally blew then dropped the flag for one of their kinsman.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Didn't they do the same thing like 2 or 3 years ago and the guy had immediate success, so they took it back like 2 weeks later... I hate they've made such a mess of that place, it was always one of my favorite haunts, but they've always had a reputation for shenanigans. Seems like 1 year way back in the late 80's or early 90's they extended the National 100 beyond 100 until Bloomquist tire finally blew then dropped the flag for one of their kinsman.
    The National 106. I remember that one

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    he marched with them arm in arm , thats all......
    That was a peaceful showing of support. They do matter. All lives matter.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Yeah, I cannot think of his name, but a guy did take it over. And had good car counts and fan counts. And then Billy I believe kept sticking his nose in there and not letting the guy run it, so he left. The guy made a post about in I believe Facebook, I don’t have it, but I seen it. Just honest, and ya felt bad for him.

He thought he had an agreement, and that he could run as he sees fit, and was successful. But it wasn’t the Thomas way, soooooo..., he got sick of their sh!t and walked away.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Eddie Massey

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    That was a peaceful showing of support. They do matter. All lives matter.

This is true.