Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,824

    Default Clown news network

    Just spent the first 6 minutes at the top of the hour covering whether Donald trump should get his Facebook account reactivated....and then then next 3 in a story disparaging Bill Barr for not punishing trump more.

    Hahahahahahahahahaha.......idiots, I love what they have become....they will never return to glory.
    Sad, used to be my go to for decent world news......time to turn the channel again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    My opinion FB screwed this one up by continuing the ban, only serves to reinforce his image to his followers. The real decision should be whether to allow social media platforms to get this powerful. Am a big believer in the rights of private companies, FB is after all a private organization. But the government broke up Ma Bell and Exxon in the past, so? My opinion social media, along with press organizations, are 90% responsible for all the anger in the country.
    I hate time trials.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Just spent the first 6 minutes at the top of the hour covering whether Donald trump should get his Facebook account reactivated....and then then next 3 in a story disparaging Bill Barr for not punishing trump more.

    Hahahahahahahahahaha.......idiots, I love what they have become....they will never return to glory.
    Sad, used to be my go to for decent world news......time to turn the channel again.
    Yes he should get his account reinstated. Should have never had it suspended to begin with.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    My opinion FB screwed this one up by continuing the ban, only serves to reinforce his image to his followers. The real decision should be whether to allow social media platforms to get this powerful. Am a big believer in the rights of private companies, FB is after all a private organization. But the government broke up Ma Bell and Exxon in the past, so? My opinion social media, along with press organizations, are 90% responsible for all the anger in the country.
    FB directly interfered with the elections. That is a crime.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    But they didnít in 2016 huh Buford? 😀
    I hate time trials.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    FB directly interfered with the elections. That is a crime.
    According to you Chucklehead everyone had a part in stealing the election but, you lmao!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,824

    Default

    I don't care if he gets it back or not, my point was ........trump getting his Facebook back or not is the lead story on CNN.

    Sad ending of relevancy for them.....enjoy the lemomonade gals cause after trump trashing, they got nothin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,824

    Default

    I lump Facebook into the same pile as the rest of the media ......they absolutely influenced the election with their biases.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Yes they interfered in 2016 also wire tapping and leaking info to the media about Trump. Yes they were owned by the Democrat party back then too. Actually for quite a while now.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    According to you Chucklehead everyone had a part in stealing the election but, you lmao!!!!
    You have quite a knack at making wise cracks that are just plain infantile.

    Grow up!! Oops way to late by now....
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    My opinion social media, along with press organizations, are 90% responsible for all the anger in the country.


    And 100% on the listener for not doing their own research!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,810

    Default

    Remember this!!! Democrats own Silicon valley. As for Face interfering in elections. They absolutely did and do. However it is never to help Reps. They did interfere in the 2016 too, but it certainly was not to help Trump. It is going to be very difficult to get anything other than a DEM in the WH. Too much cheating and fake news daily handed it out to the low information voter which is a huge number. Lies and distortions.

    I think the last election was rigged, but not from the vote counting. It started the minute Trump won. Lies, smears, including fake news constantly wore many people out to the point they just threw their hands up and said I can't take no more. Let the low life Dems run the Country.

    Dems are not held accountable. Just look at how they trashed the black Rep Senator. Anything they say and do it OK, and if a Rep does win the White house ever again, it will be the same crap which will be another impeachment. This Country is in the hands of the enemy and eventually will lose quite a bit of power to defend itself. Stay tuned.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,824

    Default

    It was the media that colluded to change the election....not Russia.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Forbes

    House Witness: I've Found Non-Residents, Non-Citizen Registrants On Voting Rolls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRkEtp-6QQ

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,477

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You have quite a knack at making wise cracks that are just plain infantile.Grow up!! Oops way to late by now....
    I'm in just plain AGREEMENT ! !

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You have quite a knack at making wise cracks that are just plain infantile.

    Grow up!! Oops way to late by now....
    Ole chucklehead just making sure they're on your level...................................... does this count? lol

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Ole chucklehead just making sure they're on your level...................................... does this count? lol
    No, give it up..
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    273

    Default

    I have told many people that the biggest losers in the last election were - the media.

    As accurately pointed out, they chose to become partisan and try to take out Trump from moment one. Their blatant partisanship was on display for all. If you disliked Orange Man Bad, you were okay with it. If you were a Trump supporter, all you could do was continually point it out.

    Today's media is not the fact finders of the past. Some are, there are some independent journos out there who do a very good job but as a news consumer you must find them. Glenn Greenwald, John Solomon, Sharyl Attkisson and some others come to mind. Even today's Fox is going down a wormhole after the Murdoch kids took over.

    In this day of instant data, the news sites know who their consumers are and they skew their coverage for their consumers. If CNN, MSNBC, and the big three MSMs know their consumers are by and large liberal, you'll get liberal coverage from them. Same for NYT or Wapo. They ignore and downplay anything that goes against their narrative. Hell, they have admitted it! They censor by omission when they don't even run certain stories.

    Gone are the days of reporting on the facts and letting you decide. You now have to digest news from various sources to be able to come close to that.

    I like the way that folks point out how Facebook is a private entity and they can do what they want. Sure, tell that to a bakery shop owner who doesn't want to make a certain kind of cake. Or, if you don't like FB or Twitter, start your own. Sure, and then big tech won't let you on servers so you can compete on even ground. Stuff like that sounds a lot like anti-trust violations and collusion.

    I'm old enough to remember when my folks phone service had a party line. The phone company was a private entity acting like a public utility. Today's FB is like a party line. They hold themselves out as this virtuous platform for free speech but they are not. They are like the old fashioned party line but when they listen in on your conversation and don't like what you're saying - they cut off your service.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,824

    Default

    (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)..........another one.

    another great one morgs
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I have told many people that the biggest losers in the last election were - the media.

    As accurately pointed out, they chose to become partisan and try to take out Trump from moment one. Their blatant partisanship was on display for all. If you disliked Orange Man Bad, you were okay with it. If you were a Trump supporter, all you could do was continually point it out.

    Today's media is not the fact finders of the past. Some are, there are some independent journos out there who do a very good job but as a news consumer you must find them. Glenn Greenwald, John Solomon, Sharyl Attkisson and some others come to mind. Even today's Fox is going down a wormhole after the Murdoch kids took over.

    In this day of instant data, the news sites know who their consumers are and they skew their coverage for their consumers. If CNN, MSNBC, and the big three MSMs know their consumers are by and large liberal, you'll get liberal coverage from them. Same for NYT or Wapo. They ignore and downplay anything that goes against their narrative. Hell, they have admitted it! They censor by omission when they don't even run certain stories.

    Gone are the days of reporting on the facts and letting you decide. You now have to digest news from various sources to be able to come close to that.

    I like the way that folks point out how Facebook is a private entity and they can do what they want. Sure, tell that to a bakery shop owner who doesn't want to make a certain kind of cake. Or, if you don't like FB or Twitter, start your own. Sure, and then big tech won't let you on servers so you can compete on even ground. Stuff like that sounds a lot like anti-trust violations and collusion.

    I'm old enough to remember when my folks phone service had a party line. The phone company was a private entity acting like a public utility. Today's FB is like a party line. They hold themselves out as this virtuous platform for free speech but they are not. They are like the old fashioned party line but when they listen in on your conversation and don't like what you're saying - they cut off your service.
    I agree but, you forgot to add Fox news , Newsmax, Onn they do the same for their viewers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.