Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eldora

They haven't really had a good grasp on the track since Chad left in 2017 I believe it was. I won't say the racing has been terrible, it just hasn't been the same. The DLM cars getting more and more aero dependent year after doesn't help things either. I fully believe if you put this surface with the cars of the early 00s, we would be seeing excellent racing every night.

I think Eldora has lost its luster. COVID hurt it

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The DLM cars getting more and more aero dependent year after doesn't help things either.
    I wondered when someone would bring this up. Great topic.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I fully believe if you put this surface with the cars of the early 00s, we would be seeing excellent racing every night.
    And you could be right too.

How quickly we forget the Sheppard, McDowell Dream finish. If you’re looking for good racing in a DLM at the big E you probably want it slick top to bottom with a cushion around the wall. To me, you’re not gonna get your classic Eldora races unless you’re at one of the crowned jewel events. It needs big car counts and lots of laps. The invite only races last year and the ALMS races so far this year are not typical Eldora races in my opinion. I still enjoy them but they’re just never going to be on the same kinda track you’re getting at the Dream or World.

Kryptonite17, You might just be correct. But I’ve seen 11 or so races of the same ol’ same ol’ no matter the form of the racecar. Lets revisit this thread during the Dream.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-31-2021 at 12:15 AM.