Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora

Default Eldora

If anybody's up dirtvision and flo and just getting started with let's race 2 at eldora tonight.

Hotlaps underway at 1:20 am
    2021 race count
    6 events

Postponed it now because the bottom isn't race able.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldofOu...02571485835264
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Postponed it now because the bottom isn't race able.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldofOu...02571485835264
    And the moronic whiners on Twitter. Like ya really need a sprint car hauling into one, sliding into another guy, and putting them both in the fence and God knows what. If anyone remembers that time Bloomer at Lawerenceburg got lucky Carrier Jr wasn’t closer, that’d been rough.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

my gripe is flo suppose to show ALL races from eldora...what happen

Quote Originally Posted by dlmfan View Post
    It was on Flo and DV last night.

DIRTVision has WoO TV rights.
    Flo has USAC/Eldora TV rights.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Nice drive by the 17 up top tonight

Schuchart 21st to 2nd.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Don’t know if you guys caught the USAC race, but the battle at the end between Courtney and Ballou was outstanding.

Went to La Salle so we weren't able to watch live the USAC sprint show at Eldora so we watched the replay this morning. Mad Man and Sunshine put on a hell of a show in the USAC A main, for sure!!

C.J. Leary said in an interview that he thought the old Eldora was back...the badass Eldora. I hope he was right and this wasn't just a lucky show.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmfan View Post
    Don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand that Flo can’t broadcast WoO races no matter what track they are at…

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    --- he thought the old Eldora was back...the badass Eldora.
    CIRF,

I watched this weekends races from Eldora on-line when typically I don’t. Although I do regularly watch the highlights to keep up with the sport.

A little background here, as I‘ve never posted about this and probably won‘t again, thinking it will just start a $hitstorm, and I understand that. Starting a $hitstorm is not my point.

Moved up North some 35 years ago and couldn’t wait to go to Eldora. For many years considered Eldora a home track because its so close, just over an hour drive, and rarely missed a show no matter what was racing. All under Earl’s ownership. Very good memories, loved the Eldora cushion, and the races were typically great. Then, it was what I thought racing should be.

Fast forward to the new owner, and I’ve only been 10 or so times after the surface redo. I diligently tried to give it one more try on more than a few occasions no matter, non-wing, wing, SC, midgets, LM’s or modified’s or weekly show --- as typically I knew someone racing, hangout in the pits, and would watch from turns 3 and 4.

Moral of the story. Eldora just isn’t my cup of tea anymore as I don’t prefer that kind of surface for racing. Its just not the same as it once was, and I speak with my wallet without bashing such once hollowed grounds. As you might know, there are two threads on IOW discussing the pros and cons about this as well.

You need to go to a few rubbered up one lane race track then you will appreciate a race track you can pass on.

lurker, you are joined by many former Eldora Speedway fans. It seems there are more dirt open wheel fans who feel as you do than the DLM faithful. I stopped attending the World Hundred before the present owner took over for reasons unrelated to the product being offered on the racetrack so I can't speak for that event or the Kings Royal. The events we do attend at Big E (4 Crown Nationals and occasionally The Dream) have had some not-so-good moments but for every bad experience we've had we've also enjoyed some epic moments, as well.

Many would envy your proximity to one of the 2 or 3 most hallowed dirt tracks on the planet. I'm inclined to take your assessment of the Eldora evolution given your frequency of attendance. Just some speculation here but maybe now that NASCAR isn't in the Eldora equation things could eventually revert back to the track being more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    lurker, you are joined by many former Eldora Speedway fans. It seems there are more dirt open wheel fans who feel as you do than the DLM faithful. I stopped attending the World Hundred before the present owner took over for reasons unrelated to the product being offered on the racetrack so I can't speak for that event or the Kings Royal. The events we do attend at Big E (4 Crown Nationals and occasionally The Dream) have had some not-so-good moments but for every bad experience we've had we've also enjoyed some epic moments, as well.

Many would envy your proximity to one of the 2 or 3 most hallowed dirt tracks on the planet. I'm inclined to take your assessment of the Eldora evolution given your frequency of attendance. Just some speculation here but maybe now that NASCAR isn't in the Eldora equation things could eventually revert back to the track being more to your liking.

Eldora is WAY better now... Been there every year, since the mid 90's, and the track, restrooms, concessions, and entire facility, has been very well upgraded ...

Will never miss another Dream or World.

Place was awesome when Earl had it.. But even more awesome now.

Default Lurker

I am torn on Eldora myself. The facilities are ten times better, security is a ton better, traffic flow is a ton better. Racing, hit or miss. That USAC race Saturday, that’s how I like Eldora. A good cushion, trade sliders, but still have a bottom to middle groove.

I really think it’s just a work in progress that Tony keeps tweaking. Though I’d like it like I seen it Saturday for sure.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    Eldora is WAY better now... Been there every year, since the mid 90's, and the track, restrooms, concessions, and entire facility, has been very well upgraded ...

Will never miss another Dream or World.

Place was awesome when Earl had it.. But even more awesome now.
    Amen, Big Daddy. I’ve been going since 1981. It just keeps getter better and better. Last year was the first time for my wife and she’s been talking about it ever since. Can’t wait til September!

Cool

Thanks for the polite replies. A couple of things from what you guys have posted.

The facility itself is fine, as are the improvements. I agree with that. Maybe my expectations are too high, considering the racing in the past, pre-track change, and Earl prep? It could possibly just be that I’m getting to be an old curmudgeon that was spoiled by Earl. Also, now that NASCAR is gone, maybe the slick(er) surface will revert back to the old days.

I’ll give it another try! Johnny Appleseed Classic on the 30th. I will report back.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-10-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Quick show, and Moran had a good run in the feature --- but that didn’t change my current perspective. I tried to be open-minded, I really did. So I’ll leave Eldora (the racing surface) to those that like it more than I, as its still not my cup of tea. Even with Moran’s good run, I thought overall the LM’s were very-very boring considering all of the good LM races I‘ve seen at Eldora in the past. Again, it might be me just getting older and appreciating past races at Eldora much more than present ones I‘ve seen. Although I will watch the Dream races on Flo just to see if I can catch a good race or two. I wish everyone that goes to Eldora all the best, have fun, stay safe, and don’t drink too much.