Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    This ain't that lawyer/state cop guy again, who loves Kankakee and Smith is it...? smh
    It must be lol............................................... .

Default Wow

Not quite sure wtf the point of this thread was. Does anyone think Izzo is happy with the support he got, I doubt it? Next time he knows f!ck it, cancel. No support, and the new guy on 4m is comparing me to Fairbury.

People should support them both, especially LaSalle paying out more money. But the weather was awful, and that is why you had not very many cars. Didn’t think they’d get that few, but is what it is. He knows next time to throw in the towel.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

How easily people forget Fairbury used to be the same back in the 90's and they had to do a ton of improvements even reconfigure the track to get where they are today Big difference when LaSalle doesn't race weekly shows or have extra backing on $ to help support the track.

This reminds me of grade school where we all bully the new kid.

I'd be willing to bet Mr. Phony wasn't even at LaSalle. Just a grade school trol wanting to stir up some sht.

Lasalle gets a race in. Fairbury RAINED OUT...Maybe they should of went to Lasalle..

7 Street stocks is much better than 20 unless they have a time limit on the feature.

I did go to LaSalle and what a joke 7 modifieds aWhat a waste of money....wanna see a real show come to fairbury sat night bet there is 40 plus late Models and 30 plus modifieds even if weather bad

Quote Originally Posted by FALSFAN82 View Post
    I did go to LaSalle and what a joke 7 modifieds aWhat a waste of money....wanna see a real show come to fairbury sat night bet there is 40 plus late Models and 30 plus modifieds even if weather bad
    Several comments I have on this... There aren't as many bigger races going on next weekend, Farmer City pays $10,000 on Friday, and Fairbury pays $15,000. All of those things will lead to a bigger car count and none of them are things Tony caused or has any control over... By the way, next weekend at Fairbury is a MARS race. Tony will be helped by a huge car count since he runs the series. I hope they get it, for everyone.

This thread reminds me of what is very wrong about this country right now. The “us against them” mentality. That one has to lose for another to win. Two races, more money and fame to spread around to drivers. The complaint from the OP isn’t about poor show management, bad concessions, or an ill prepared track surface. Nope, got to b——h about, well I’m not exactly sure what.
    I hate time trials.

While weather was an obvious factor for everyone yesterday, I think today being Mother's Day may have played a part in some wanting to stay closer to home, as well.

I went on Friday knowing car counts looked very low. I love fairbury but I sure hope lasalle can keep running. 1 hour drive home always beats 2
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    While weather was an obvious factor for everyone yesterday, I think today being Mother's Day may have played a part in some wanting to stay closer to home, as well.
    Thank you for supporting LaSalle and good luck going forward with your racing season 👍.

FALSFAN82's initial post - not even worth a reply. Myself and my wife made a weekend of the event & enjoyed every minute of it. Hiked Matthiessen State Park (awesome water falls), ate lunch at Skoog's Pub in downtown Utica (great burger), hiked at Mitchell's Grove's nature preserve (beautiful dam), discovered a new place to eat - Riverfront bar & grill (nice view of the river), spent too much money at Bath & Body Works (Peru Mall) for her mothers day present....and of course ENJOYED the races both nights. Thanks Tony & crew, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    No one has to make Tony feel like a promoter because, he's already one. Did you forget he not only promotes races at Lasalle he promotes a series something that's not easy to do nowadays. He's trying to keep racing alive and deserve a lot of credit for trying to make that happen but, no you want to come on and puff your chest out for Fairbury. Everyone already knows how good Fairbury is. Yes Fairbury took a chance but, nothing compared to Lasalle. Quite a bit of a difference in the payout wouldn't you say? The bigger the pay the bigger the chance but, hey the fine people of Fairbury feel better this morning thanks to you.
    Say what you want but 16 cars for 12k is a joke no matter how you spin it!

He is a promoter huh? If he was a real promoter he would have ate money and run the program that was advertised on Friday night. Fans/drivers/crew paid the same price yet was screwed out of a feature 'because of a low car count'...

Think of it this way. He had the perfect opportunity to draw many top names in. With Lucas being off and other drivers doing their own deal he should have done some real 'promoting' and made stuff happen. There are not many real promoters left in DLM racing. The rest of them are just labeled as such and are really nothing more than track owners that open up the gates hoping they come.

^^^^^
    No Mr. Clueless, if he was a real promoter he would of canceled to save his butt. Instead he gave the fans the best show possible. You weren't there, what do you care other than to beatch about something. Unfcnbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Say what you want but 16 cars for 12k is a joke no matter how you spin it!He is a promoter huh? If he was a real promoter he would have ate money and run the program that was advertised on Friday night. Fans/drivers/crew paid the same price yet was screwed out of a feature 'because of a low car count'...Think of it this way. He had the perfect opportunity to draw many top names in. With Lucas being off and other drivers doing their own deal he should have done some real 'promoting' and made stuff happen. There are not many real promoters left in DLM racing. The rest of them are just labeled as such and are really nothing more than track owners that open up the gates hoping they come.
    Do you have an example of the real promoting he could have done?

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    This ain't that lawyer/state cop guy again, who loves Kankakee and Smith is it...? smh
    That was actually my first thought before I thought he might've been you... lol
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by 56GWebbfan View Post
    FALSFAN82's initial post - not even worth a reply. Myself and my wife made a weekend of the event & enjoyed every minute of it. Hiked Matthiessen State Park (awesome water falls), ate lunch at Skoog's Pub in downtown Utica (great burger), hiked at Mitchell's Grove's nature preserve (beautiful dam), discovered a new place to eat - Riverfront bar & grill (nice view of the river), spent too much money at Bath & Body Works (Peru Mall) for her mothers day present....and of course ENJOYED the races both nights. Thanks Tony & crew, keep them coming!
    Skoogs is good. Next time try rips tavern in ladd. Best fried chicken I’ve ever ate. Get there before they open though otherwise you’re looking at least and 1.5 hour wait.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    That was actually my first thought before I thought he might've been you... lol
    ha ha ha ha LOL.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1