Default Hoosier Racing Tire - Price Increase

Hoosier Racing Tire - Price Increase

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Kinda knew it was coming. All the major brand tire companies have had a price increase this year. My company had a 6% increase and everyone should expect 6% to 10% from Hoosier/General on their tires.

Yep, knew I was a matter of time since I had to travel to Akron in January to go over Goodyear price increases.

The tires I ran when in the Hardtops in the late 1950s came out of the junkyard at $1 or $2 a pop. First main I won in the early 1960s was on $5 recaps and won, I think, $125. Fast forward to last Friday when I got a 3rd in our Pro Stock at an area track and got $200 for it. Spent $180 getting 4 people into the pits and picked up a new Dirt Bozz at the tire truck for $183.

Sure glad I saved my money and had a pretty good career when I was working or I'd be playing bridge or bird watching like many of my old friends. It's certainly not as sustainable a sport as it was 8 decades ago.
    Last edited by over4T; 05-11-2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling

The Texas deal, the Suez deal, who knows with the cyber thing, they’ll all affect oil and fuel prices and any by products.

Like I said, and one Einstein on here thought I was full of it, the Texas thing is finally coming to fruition on our pipe.

Our one supplier about 3 weeks ago canceled everyone’s contracts, if they didn’t have all their pipe by XYZ date, it wasn’t going to be honored at that price. One of the petroleum by products made in Texas, was in short supply. So prices went up a lot.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Sure would be nice if someone could find a way to treat a tire to make it last a little longer .....somebody smart should start working on that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Good evening BBQ. The way I see it is they need to produce a better tire. They have the technology. Won't happen though because the purple mafia has control of the market. One way to help is competition. We all know that most all the touring series only allows 1 brand. The sponsor $$$ means a lot to those series too. Nothing will change from all this except the price of tires. It is what it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Sure would be nice if someone could find a way to treat a tire to make it last a little longer .....somebody smart should start working on that.
    Man your on to something there BBQ. You could may b do tech support for them or take care of the samples? 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    The tires I ran when in the Hardtops in the late 1950s came out of the junkyard at $1 or $2 a pop. First main I won in the early 1960s was on $5 recaps and won, I think, $125. Fast forward to last Friday when I got a 3rd in our Pro Stock at an area track and got $200 for it. Spent $180 getting 4 people into the pits and picked up a new Dirt Bozz at the tire truck for $183.

Sure glad I saved my money and had a pretty good career when I was working or I'd be playing bridge or bird watching like many of my old friends. It's certainly not as sustainable a sport as it was 8 decades ago.
    Those are some expensive pit passes. Weekly races here are usually $25 here with specials being $35 most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Or just let Goodyear and AR back in the fold again.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Exactly, Hoosier Racing Tire has had a monopoly for too long and in most regions of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Good evening BBQ. The way I see it is they need to produce a better tire. They have the technology. Won't happen though because the purple mafia has control of the market. One way to help is competition. We all know that most all the touring series only allows 1 brand. The sponsor $$$ means a lot to those series too. Nothing will change from all this except the price of tires. It is what it is.....
    I've been saying that all along too.......guess they aren't capable? Or just choose not to for profitability reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    Man your on to something there BBQ. You could may b do tech support for them or take care of the samples? 來
    If it's good for the racers and will add longevity to the tires and the sport itself......why would anyone need to collect samples?

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Or this.....

If someone could just figure out a way to make them last a little longer or fire a little better.....man , wouldn't that be great?

Win, win.

Steel prices per pound have doubled since last August. Pricing in alot of industries is out of control right now.