Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Plenty Of Gas In Alabama

At least in this state of Alabama, gas stations are open and have plenty of gas, don't believe the &@#$ in the media who are hyping the hack job of Colonial at least in Bama. Sure the prices went up 6 to 8 pennies. I passed about 50 gas stations today and stopped at 3 with my job, plenty of petrol, no lines, and plenty of supplies.

LMM TST Announcer

Not much in North Carolina. Lines here. Our governor should not have declared an emergency.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 05-11-2021 at 06:31 PM.

The always outrageous fuel prices out here on the left coast found still another excuse with the Colonial pipeline mess to go up again. That pipeline goes from Texas to the Eastern states and has nothing to do with California.

The Chevron station in the little jerkwater town about 4 miles from our home base was $4.499 for regular and $4.999 for the 91 octane a couple of days ago. They make their $ off the travelers to Reno or the ski areas that are too dumb to fill up down or up the hill where it's roughly $.90 cheaper. I'd tote my empty gas jugs 10 miles down the mountain before I'd patronize that joint.

Really looking forward to the several 2-500 mile trips with the 8 mpg hauler this summer. Might as well just dump the Sunoco 110 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    The always outrageous fuel prices out here on the left coast found still another excuse with the Colonial pipeline mess to go up again. That pipeline goes from Texas to the Eastern states and has nothing to do with California. The Chevron station in the little jerkwater town about 4 miles from our home base was $4.499 for regular and $4.999 for the 91 octane a couple of days ago. They make their $ off the travelers to Reno or the ski areas that are too dumb to fill up down or up the hill where it's roughly $.90 cheaper. I'd tote my empty gas jugs 10 miles down the mountain before I'd patronize that joint. Really looking forward to the several 2-500 mile trips with the 8 mpg hauler this summer. Might as well just dump the Sunoco 110 in it.
    It’s time to pack up and move to the southeast 👍

No....no it's not.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    No....no it's not.
    Yeah you right 😜. California is a great place to live.

It's a bull sh*t move to raise prices. Period, and they let companies get away with this crap.

But we let them get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    No....no it's not.
    Yep, we’re full and actually can we send some of them back west?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It's a bull sh*t move to raise prices. Period, and they let companies get away with this crap.
    Capitalism and a free market can be a son of a gun at times. For some of us old enough to recall fuel shortages in the mid 70s this is a walk in the park. I don’t always like some of the results but it’s still the best system on earth.
    I hate time trials.

This belongs in the Tailgate.

All they had to do was wait until the pipeline got back up to a degree of functionality BEFORE reporting the cyber attack. I get freedom of the press and people have a right to know, but this is an example of where you have to protect the idiots out there from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    This belongs in the Tailgate.
    It bothers you that much?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    All they had to do was wait until the pipeline got back up to a degree of functionality BEFORE reporting the cyber attack. I get freedom of the press and people have a right to know, but this is an example of where you have to protect the idiots out there from themselves.
    They couldn't pass up an opportunity to throw rocks at trump still.....you know, Russia, collusion, grabbed them by the kitty and all of that.

Somehow this is trumps fault.....they will find the six degrees of separation that lead back to him some kind of way.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    It bothers you that much?
    What does this conversation have to do with late models? Off topic stuff belongs in a different forum.

A year ago it was toilet paper now this chit, lol

Lucas races cancelled this weekend

What does this conversation have to do with late models? Off topic stuff belongs in a different forum.
    Colonial Pipeline Disruptions Stop Lucas Oil Late Model Doubleheader

BATAVIA, Ohio (May 12, 2021) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series events scheduled for Friday, May 14 at 411 Motor Speedway and Saturday, May 15 at Talladega Short Track have been canceled.

The Colonial Pipeline is the largest pipeline system for refined oil products in the U.S. – stretching over 5,500 miles long between Texas and New York. A recent cyber-attack on the Colonial Pipeline halted 2.5 million barrels per day of fuel shipments.

As fuel shortages in the Southeast worsen as a result of the disruption, track and series officials have mutually agreed to cancel this weekend’s events. The events will not be made up.

“These are unfortunate circumstances beyond our control,” said Rick Schwallie, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Director. “These decisions are never easy, but we had to consider our fan base and those traveling hundreds of miles to attend these events.”

They run on fuel, race in Alabama where people buy fuel to go see them. Sorry Karen.
    2021 race count
    6 events

This aged well.