Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. My public school education didn't prepare me for a string of words like that.

Gas prices dropped around 2014-2015 and stayed low until last year. Obama and Trump contributed to the low prices, but neither can take all the credit.

I hate Trump and I just gave him his due. See how easy it is .
    It's easy because it's true........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thanks for proving my point.
    That you're in denial?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's easy because it's true........
    Now do it for Obama. Those prices dropped before Trump.
    There was this great podcast called Boomtown that explained it well. Maybe give it a listen. It is very entertaining.

Guessing your one of those staying home on the lib dime? And that's not meant to be a dig, just to clarify

I have no problem giving president Obama credit for part of that.....even though it was the fracking piece that really started the fuel price decline.

Something the Obama administration was against.

Guessing your one of those staying home on the lib dime? And that's not meant to be a dig, just to clarify
    That's not passive aggressive at all.

How does that work ? I have always been under the impression that you have to be laid off to draw unemployment. I didn't think someone who quit or was fired could draw unemployment.

Unemployment in my state is around $300 per week. A person could get by on that in 1990.

There was this great podcast called Boomtown that explained it well. Maybe give it a listen. It is very entertaining.
    I don't really need to have someone tell me what went on or what's going on with a podcast.....I paid attention while it was actually happening.

You should try it

I don't really need to have someone tell me what went on or what's going on with a podcast.....I paid attention while it was actually happening.

You should try it
    Which changes the facts how ?

I have a wife and a job and interests and stuff. I confess I don't totally stay on top of all current events all the time. We all have our crosses to bear.
    Last edited by jr29; 05-15-2021 at 07:26 AM.

That's not passive aggressive at all.

How does that work ? I have always been under the impression that you have to be laid off to draw unemployment. I didn't think someone who quit or was fired could draw unemployment.

Unemployment in my state is around $300 per week. A person could get by on that in 1990.
    Most of the people that are sitting home were laid off...furloughed......job eliminated etc....the lazy and opportunist figured out it's cheaper to stay home than return to work or apply for another of the millions of jobs now available again.

Most of the people that are sitting home were laid off...furloughed......job eliminated etc....the lazy and opportunist figured out it's cheaper to stay home than return to work or apply for another of the millions of jobs now available again.
    I only know of one person who is sitting at home drawing the increased money and it's not me.
    I do not know the political persuasion of this person.

Which changes the facts how ?

I have a wife and a job and interests and stuff. I confess I don't totally stay on top of all current events all the time. We all have our crosses to bear.
    That one persons embellished opinion on a podcast doesn't erase the reality of what really happened........the podcast may be spot on, I don't know ....I haven't listened to it and probably won't.

It just drives home the fact that some people just like to listen to a podcast...view a tweet or Facebook post to be told what to do and how to think......I'm not one of those people even though I am pretty liberal as to who I will listen too and respect......dem, repub,independent....doesn't matter, if it's a good idea and will work for the country I call home then I'm in support of it.

most of us have jobs, wives, interests etc too.

This is in the weeds.....

My original post was about how lazy, uninformed people always blame the media or politicians when they get a chance.
    Blame stupid people and some hackers and inadequate cyber-security at an oil company. Joe Biden literally said don't panic buy, people panic bought, then blamed him for lines at the pumps.

I only know of one person who is sitting at home drawing the increased money and it's not me.
    I do not know the political persuasion of this person.
    You may actually only know one......doesn't change the fact that there are millions of others.

I'll go out on a limb and make a wager with you that will probably prove both our points......50 bucks says the person you know getting extra cheddar is a registered democrat.
    It's just a guess.

That one persons embellished opinion on a podcast doesn't erase the reality of what really happened........the podcast may be spot on, I don't know ....I haven't listened to it and probably won't.

It just drives home the fact that some people just like to listen to a podcast...view a tweet or Facebook post to be told what to do and how to think......I'm not one of those people even though I am pretty liberal as to who I will listen too and respect......dem, repub,independent....doesn't matter, if it's a good idea and will work for the country I call home then I'm in support of it.

most of us have jobs, wives, interests etc too.
    Information on a podcast is no different than information anywhere else.
    This particular podcast is decidedly non-partisan, but it said one good thing about Obama so it can't be legit.

This is in the weeds.....

My original post was about how lazy, uninformed people always blame the media or politicians when they get a chance.
    Blame stupid people and some hackers and inadequate cyber-security at an oil company. Joe Biden literally said don't panic buy, people panic bought, then blamed him for lines at the pumps.
    And my reply was how lazy and uninformed your post was in 31 because had you taken a quick look you would see that everyone on this board doesn't blame the dems for everything...... We aren't in the weeds....we are in the facts.

I get that you hate trump.....no problem with that at all.....I don't hate anyone fwiw.

Information on a podcast is no different than information anywhere else.
    This particular podcast is decidedly non-partisan, but it said one good thing about Obama so it can't be legit.
    It's still just one podcast.....from one person.

I choose to explore more opinions than just one before forming my own......you are no different than any hard core trump supporter.
    Sure Obama did some good things, doesn't erase the dumb things he did.....just like trump.

It's still just one podcast.....from one person.

I choose to explore more opinions than just one before forming my own......you are no different than any hard core trump supporter.
    Sure Obama did some good things, doesn't erase the dumb things he did.....just like trump.
    I agree with the last sentence, which I believe makes me different than hardcore Trump supporters.

Done with this for now.

Godspeed.

Fair enough......done too, going to the water and drop a few crab traps and see if I can't scare up a few flounder for dinner tonight while I'm waiting on the blue crabs.

Good talking with you

Fair enough......done too, going to the water and drop a few crab traps and see if I can't scare up a few flounder for dinner tonight while I'm waiting on the blue crabs.Good talking with you
    Could be a stuffed crab flounder dinner, good luck!
    I hate time trials.

I know my Mom quit her job at the age of 61 she just walked out and my Dad retired at 65 which was last year after the pandemic started and they dont owe on a home or cars as they bought new cars and paid cash and saved their money. I know alot of people 62 to 67 that retired do to the pandemic. Also I know alot of younger ones that once they got laid off they went for SSI for bad backs and other problems and got it. So one problem led to multiple and thats not including the ones that went and got new jobs in different sectors of the economy. At my Factory there are more people from the Food Sector and Retail Sector that have gotten jobs than ever before and there were alot of people that retired as well.