Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Larson scores FloRacing victory at Brownstown

The NASCAR star got his second Late Model win of 2021

https://insidedirtracing.com/kyle-la...at-brownstown/

It's only Wednesday and Lucas cancels because of a gas shortage, Kyle Larson wins at Brownstown in a LM and WoO sprint car Twitter erupts over the finish at Lincoln.
    2021 race count
    6 events

This wins for you FLYBOY!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    It's only Wednesday and Lucas cancels because of a gas shortage, Kyle Larson wins at Brownstown in a LM and WoO sprint car Twitter erupts over the finish at Lincoln.
    Thats crazy cuz the pipeline is back in operation as of wendsday afternoon. Will take a few days to get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    Thats crazy cuz the pipeline is back in operation as of wendsday afternoon. Will take a few days to get back to normal.
    Supposedly it came back online an hour after the cancelation
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    This wins for you FLYBOY!
    Ok ok ok. He beat JD and B SHEPP 👍

He drove back around English for the win actually........a pretty nice drive at that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’m from the Show Me state. Although I never discounted him it was easy to look past him some. It’s getting more hard to not call him incredible. His driving style is all out. With all the talk about saving the car or tires in late models these days he just goes out and stomps on it.
    I hate time trials.

Let's recall the conversations about Kyle Larson on this board:

His win last year at Port Royal was a fluke in only his second DLM start.....
    His spanking of the field at All Tech in January was OK, but let's see him race a DLM on a tight bullring....
    His performance at Tyler County was impressive but we still are not believers....
    His win last night passing English was impressive.....

Do we believe in Yung Money yet? Sprint cars, both Winged & Non Winged, Midgets, Silver Cup and now Dirt Late Models......he is one of the best dirt track racers that I have ever seen in my lifetime!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Let's recall the conversations about Kyle Larson on this board:

His win last year at Port Royal was a fluke in only his second DLM start.....
    His spanking of the field at All Tech in January was OK, but let's see him race a DLM on a tight bullring....
    His performance at Tyler County was impressive but we still are not believers....
    His win last night passing English was impressive.....

Do we believe in Yung Money yet? Sprint cars, both Winged & Non Winged, Midgets, Silver Cup and now Dirt Late Models......he is one of the best dirt track racers that I have ever seen in my lifetime!!!!
    I"ve been saying that for 10 years.

I think we can say that we won't see another one like Larson for a LOOONG time. Simply a master behind the wheel on dirt. I saw him in person 6 times last year (4 sprint, 1 midget, 1 silver crown). Witnessed 4 wins (3 sprint & 1 silver crown) & 2 close 2nds (Kokomo midget week & Knoxville show where he barely got beat by David Gravel).

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Let's recall the conversations about Kyle Larson on this board:His win last year at Port Royal was a fluke in only his second DLM start.....His spanking of the field at All Tech in January was OK, but let's see him race a DLM on a tight bullring....His performance at Tyler County was impressive but we still are not believers....His win last night passing English was impressive.....Do we believe in Yung Money yet? Sprint cars, both Winged & Non Winged, Midgets, Silver Cup and now Dirt Late Models......he is one of the best dirt track racers that I have ever seen in my lifetime!!!!
    Not to mention he's already won in a cup car this season and has multiple top 5's. He's winning at the highest of levels in everything no discredit to any of the past drivers that have done similar feats but I think anyone in racing can attest to the fact that it's harder than ever before to win at the highest levels of any class of racing. Larson is doing it in literally everything he sits in. It's pretty cool to be seeing this piece of history happening

Larson's most impressive win last season IMO was when he started 22nd in a 32 car field in the Hoosier Hundred USAC Silver Crown 100 miler at the Indiana State Fairgrounds Mile. He methodically worked his way to the front and around lap 70 he took the lead from C.J. Leary, who's dam tough on dirt in his own right. Just bided his time and managed his tire, which is paramount in a 100 mile race on a mile dirt track with no pit stops. There are guys that are really good in short races on bull rings and others are smart and thoughtful on the big tracks in the long races but not many can do both and win with frequency. He's a multi-generational talent and it's an honor to watch him in the prime of his career!

C. Bell isn't bad at all in a Dirt car....This guy, dang got it going on rite now! L-burg midget race was cool.....Hope he comes to Florence in a couple weeks....you know , just to keep it interesting...
    Last edited by racerx99; 05-13-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    I think we can say that we won't see another one like Larson for a LOOONG time. Simply a master behind the wheel on dirt. I saw him in person 6 times last year (4 sprint, 1 midget, 1 silver crown). Witnessed 4 wins (3 sprint & 1 silver crown) & 2 close 2nds (Kokomo midget week & Knoxville show where he barely got beat by David Gravel).
    Actually there is another one that is almost as good, if not just as good. Christopher Bell jumps in cars he has never drove before and wins right off the bat as well. Unfortunately for us dirt racing folks, his Nascar owner does not let him drive on dirt near as much as Kyle can.

He drove the sheet out of that car at brownstown........very cool to see how he handled getting passed.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

anyone not enjoying the larson show is missing out on the definition of a "racer".

i liked watching tony stewart but he tended to be willing to tear up anyone to get to the front (many underfunded racers).

probably not many here old enough to remember a.j.'s accomplishments.

sadly, drivers venturing to local short tracks isn't nearly as common as it once was.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I know Larson is good , but I will not be totally impressed until he goes to Boone, Iowa next year and wins the Hawkeye WOO late model race.

Larson is what you saw in the late 60's early 70's. Drivers like A.J., Parnelli, Andretti, Opperman. We consider these guys to be gods. They could race a midget one night, nascrap, indy. You name it, they were that good. Well make room at that table gentlemen. There's a young buck taking a page from the past and sweeping around you guys on the last lap for the win