Default Bert Gen 1 clutch constantly engaged

To add onto my tranny problems we have a Bert Gen 1 tranny we raced with two weeks ago at Richmond, I was involved in an accident where the car died in the high gear after coming to a sudden stop, I started it up and the tranny worked fine, drove it onto the trailer and everything perfectly normal, when we went to unload it a week ago whenever I would put the car into reverse or low gear it start rolling by itself. I wouldn’t have to push the clutch in or anything for it start rolling. We tried disconnecting the master cylinder and it still pulled by itself so it’s not the clutch pedal or master cylinder.

It's likely one of the clutch disks broke in half and stacked on top of each other locking the clutch engaged even without applying any pedal or the piston applying the clutch stuck in the applied position.

Think it would be possible to tear it apart and remove the broken clutch disk and still be good? We’re in a points situation and trying to race Saturday and have two broken transmissions, we can still somewhat race with one just no low gear, but if we can just tear it apart and remove the broken clutch disk piece without replacing it since I don’t think we’d be able to find new plates by Saturday then we would be good to go.

I've only had my hands on a Gen-1, which is easy to work on...but maybe not as easy as you would hope (based on the situation you describe).

Here's a link to videos from their website, to give you an idea:

http://www.berttransmission.com/tutorials/

I should add that you can't just remove a clutch disc. There would be too much play in the entire clutch pack then. You wouldn't get a pedal or any engagement.

Pull both apart and pick the best frictions and create one. Most of the time the rear half of the disc are worse than the front

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Pull both apart and pick the best frictions and create one. Most of the time the rear half of the disc are worse than the front
    He can't gen 2 doesn't have clutches.

Nah, that’s a different tranny we’re having different issues with, this one is a Gen 1

We have solved our issue with this tranny, we tore it apart and there was silicone that had blocked the vacuum line, not sure exactly what it was but after taking a razor blade and scraping all the silicone it finally pulled correctly in low and reverse. Thank you to everyone for assisting and offering ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I've only had my hands on a Gen-1, which is easy to work on...but maybe not as easy as you would hope (based on the situation you describe).

Here's a link to videos from their website, to give you an idea:

http://www.berttransmission.com/tutorials/

I should add that you can't just remove a clutch disc. There would be too much play in the entire clutch pack then. You wouldn't get a pedal or any engagement.
    God that's an awful video. Watched it years ago and I am surprised no one else has ever produced a better one... someone here should step up and do one.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019