Thread: RR shock angle

Default RR shock angle

I have a 08 Mastersbilt that has had a shock mount added to the chassis on the RR which will lean the shock more in toward center of car. What's the thoughts on moving it in? What would be more desirable for a 602 crate class, in original mount or moved in?

more angle takes travel away and softens spring and shock rate.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Are you sure it was added, our 08 came with both.

Moving it inward was one of our go to adj's for increasing drive, but depending on what shock you use, youll have to adjust to get the load back. On our Ohlins it took 21 rounds!

It looks to be added but might not be. The welds don't look the same but they did a very good job. So moving inward will soften spring and add drive? I'm on non adjustable shocks. If I have the car set up with it inward and move it outward, no other change, it will tighten the car? I don't need tighter. I'm looking to free up a little.

I thought if it was added, what was the purpose and should I use the inner mount or go back to stock.
    thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
    It looks to be added but might not be. The welds don't look the same but they did a very good job. So moving inward will soften spring and add drive? I'm on non adjustable shocks. If I have the car set up with it inward and move it outward, no other change, it will tighten the car? I don't need tighter. I'm looking to free up a little.

I thought if it was added, what was the purpose and should I use the inner mount or go back to stock.
    thanks,
    It should tighten entry, off gas, quite a bit if you move it out and do nothing else.

When those cars were latest technology, both rear coilovers in the left most hole was the "typical best setup"
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1